(two positions available)
London and Kitchener, Ontario
Our Client, a heavy civil infrastructure and development company with over 50 years of expertise specializes in a wide range of heavy civil construction services and material products is currently looking for a QC Coordinator to join their growing team. In addition to the heavy civil construction company, they own and operate a precast manufacturing facility, asphalt cement terminal, portable concrete batch plants, and a number of pits, quarries and asphalt plants.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages projects to ensure they are constructed according to design, budget and schedule.
- Monitors project performance, schedule, costs, equipment, manpower, materials, equipment maintenance, safety and quality control
- Interfaces with project team, subcontractors and related third parties
- Monitors and inspects project site to maintain a safe work environment and provides leadership to ensure policies, procedures and standards are followed
- Supervise, provide guidance and assesses performance of direct reports and other team members
- Oversees project closeout
- Follow-up on bidding opportunities identified through advertisements, customers, RFQ’s, etc.
- Review job specifications in detail (instructions to bidders, general conditions, special provisions) as well as specifications on project drawings and soil reports
- Prepare job cost estimates including subcontractors and review overhead costs and mark-ups with Construction Manager and General Manager
- Follow up on timelines for submitted bids and update the estimating system with results
- Coordinate the transfer of successful projects, subcontractor contracts and purchase orders to contract administrator and accountant
- Perform pre-job planning to include all senior role players and attend all site meetings
- Compile various cost reports and resolve cost issues
- Track substantial completion of projects and ensure reconciliation of all subcontract agreements
- Maintain and build customer relations
Qualifications and Requirments
- C.E.T. designation in civil or construction engineering
- Experience in heavy civil and road construction projects
- Estimating experience in the construction industry
- Experience in managing all aspects of road building, asphalt and construction projects
- Experience managing ICI projects is an asset
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and build strong working relationships
- Familiar with project management and estimating software programs
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
If you are interested in learning more about this, or similar opportunities we have available, please send your most recent CV to Brian Heron at:
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this opportunity but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a wholly owned Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Technical and Scientific Industries within Sales, Manufacturing, Transportation, Energy, Municipal and Environmental Sectors. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Our in-depth knowledge of the Technical & Scientific industries and the various project portfolios involved affords us a deep understanding of our clients’ business and the talent needed to achieve fulfilling their human capital requirements. Knowing specifically what our candidates do, the tasks they are involved in, and the projects and experience they have gained allows us to professionally advise them towards career opportunities that are in-line with their next career transition. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its industry specialized recruitment service and expertise producing effective and efficient results. PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is founded on and dedicated to delivering professional staffing solutions and unparalleled service to meet the goals and objectives of our clients and candidates while excelling in integrity, honesty and responsiveness.
Apply for this job