Full-time, Negotiable Salary + Benefits
We are currently working with our client, a well-established owner/ manager mainly involved in commercial office space, to find a Property Administrator. This role is available due to growth.
The role supports the Director of Property Management and is located in downtown Toronto.
In this role you will be required to:
- Provide strong Property and Lease administrative leadership with the necessary knowledge of the day to day responsibilities and strong knowledge of standard property lease documents
- Prioritize work and meet targeted due-dates;
- Respond to day-to-day tenant inquiries and escalate issues to the Director of Property Management as needed;
- Prepare the tenant welcome packages for new tenants advising of monthly rental payments in a timely manner;
- Utilize strong collection techniques to deal with tenant accounts receivables for the portfolio;
- Report concerns/issues on a timely manner to the Director of Property Management;
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of tenant chargeback invoices, percentage rent invoices including the timely entry into the accounting system;
- Prepare pre-billing letters to tenants and process the annual recovery of operating expense adjustments to tenants;
- Issue purchase orders and process all invoices in a timely manner; communicate directly with vendors to resolve accounts payable issues;
- Assist with the planning and coordination of tenant appreciation events and waste audits;
- Collect monthly retail sales and prepare productivity report on a monthly basis;
- Provide analytical & administrative support to Director of Property Management, manage property portfolio: accounts receivable, banking & reporting requirements;
- Participate actively and strategically at Property Management meetings, provide reporting on outstanding A/R and other major issues that arise;
- Act as a liaison between the leasing and accounting departments to ensure a smooth operation within the portfolio;
- Monitor utility accounts and premises meters, coordinate transfer of same to occupying tenants, where required; and
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Administrative professional certificate or similar educational certificate from a recognized institute or equivalent experience;
- 2 – 3 years administration experience in a property management environment;
- Mature approach to responsibilities, strong organizational skills, “can do” attitude;
- Ability to foster a cooperative approach;
- Capable of taking direction and working for a common goal with all internal and external clients;Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Ability to build strong relationships and provide excellent customer service at all levels
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting process; and
- MRI and Angus Anywhere system exposure or experience an asset.
If you or anyone you know is interested in this position, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Apply for this job