Area Construction Sales Manager
Area Construction Sales Manager
New York, New York
The Area Construction Sales Manager (ACSM) leads the strategy, alignment, and development of the new construction and retrofit projects business for HVAC, controls and fire projects for their assigned markets. Through the leadership of the HVAC Sales Managers and Fire Sales Managers, the ACSM will be responsible for developing a sales team who builds long-term relationships with Electrical Contractors, Mechanical Contractors, Consulting Engineers, select Owners, and General Contractors to drive the sales of company offerings on new construction and retrofit projects.
The ACSM is skilled at strategic selling in the construction space, understands the key influencers and the construction purchasing process, and develops the coaching skills of their leaders. The ACSM is responsible for understanding market potential, key construction projects represents in construction industry events and engages above the branch support resources to best position to win. The ACSM works closely with the Area Owner Sales Manager to cover the end user stakeholders on key construction projects and ensure best strategic selling practices are applied.
The ACSM ensures Sales Management Disciplines are being applied down through the organization, including our equipment sales agents. In addition, the ACSM personally establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships with developers, architects, consulting engineers and contractors to influence opportunities.
How you will do it
- Manages account assignments to the Systems and Equipment sales team to ensure secured sales performance to plan.
- Responsible for top-line growth of revenue as well as meeting growth objectives around gross margin and EBIT. Also responsible for meeting plan objectives regarding trade working capital (TWC).
- Provides accurate and timely forecasting of sales and the corresponding allocation of sales support resources
- Practices performance management by setting clear goals, investing personal time in employee development, actively coaching (i.e. monthly one on ones, account reviews, opportunity reviews and regular observed coaching calls) and performing on-time performance reviews. Ensures adherence to Company policies, procedures, and strategic initiatives regarding human resource management.
- Increases market penetration in local Systems business by securing new customers and expanding the scope of the existing customer base with the owner, architectural engineer and mechanical consultants and contractor accounts. Manages qualifications and assessing potential customers and opportunities. Ensures the development and maintenance of Account Plans with all key and target accounts. Ensures the development of new business and demonstrates an understanding of the various channels in the market and how they inter-relate with the Branch business.
- Facilitates training and ensures support resources are in place to develop salespersons capable of selling the full scope of bundled offerings available.
- Analyzes the market and current business performance. Develops strategies for the local sales team consistent with Building Efficiency mission and objectives. Understands the business environment of branch markets including competition, purchasing and business trends. Accountable for integration of construction sales team activity within assigned staffing geography.
- Partners with other branch leaders to maximize local territory account management consistent with BE strategic direction.
- Builds and fosters a team environment within and across branches. Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff.
- Evaluates local performance in customer satisfaction and provides leadership for performance enhancement and proactive resolution of issues.
- Participates as the management team representative on strategically important key accounts. Establishes and maintains personal long-term customer relationships with strategically important accounts to influence opportunities.
- Owns and manages the sales staffing plan for the assigned local geography. Working with the Regional HR and Talent Acquisition team to recruit, hire, and retain Systems and Equipment sales and sales support staff to plan.
- Administers the Construction Lead Management system.
- Responsible for the goal achievement, coordination of account activities, development of market and opportunity strategies to maximize system and equipment sales in branch territories with equipment agents.
- Ensures compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements and operates the local office with the highest business ethics.
- Participates in local industry and community activities including trade shows, college recruiting, community and professional organizations.
The following metrics are the responsibility of the Sales Manager, Building Systems and Equipment
- Growth in GM$ secured across controls, applied equipment, and commercial unitary equipment and services within Branch geography
- Increasing number of certified or trained salespeople across all offerings available
- Addition of new accounts to the BE portfolio
- Market share growth across all BE business segments and product groups
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing. Master’s degree preferred.
- Ten years of progressive sales and/or operational experience in building systems, products and services.
- Three years of experience in a lead or supervisory role with responsibility for the productivity or development of others
Should this opportunity be of interest to you, we would like to speak with you in the strictest of confidence. Please submit your C.V/Resume to:
Should you already be in a similar role in Manufacturing & Logistics or should this be the next step in your career and you would like to discuss further details regarding this position or any other within the Technical & Scientific field please do not hesitate in contacting Jessica Driver for a confidential discussion on 226.499.9815 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Technical & Scientific industry related to manufacturing & Logistics. Partnering with top-tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its specialty service and expertise producing effective and efficient results.
Apply for this job