Building Science Project Engineer
Building Science Project Engineer
Our client located in Breslau is currently seeking a talented individual to join our building science team. We are currently looking for an energetic individual to join our growing firm and help us expand our practice, working within our vision: Collaborative, Evidence-Driven, Committed. The position presents plenty of opportunity for advancement and taking on additional responsibilities as we grow. Our client is an innovative building science and structural engineering firm providing services to a wide range of residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional clients.
They are a member of The C3 Group of Companies, a multi-discipline service organization specializing in engineering, construction, project management, and technology development. Their Building Science division is currently involved in the assessment, design, and restoration of all elements of the building enclosure, including cladding, glazing systems, roofing, and structural elements. Our work involves solving problems for our clients on residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings.
Our client’s small company culture provides long-term meaningful careers in a dynamic growth-oriented environment. This opportunity is available to candidates who want to make a difference in this fast-paced working environment. There are excellent opportunities for advancement to more senior positions for the right individuals. They offer above-average compensation salary and benefits packages and will be commensurate with experience.
- Degree or Diploma in in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, Building Science, or Architectural Science (or equivalent)
- Registered or eligible for registration with PEO or OACETT
- 4+ years in building science, building restoration engineering or related field
- Ability and desire to continue education with professional development courses and seminars
- Excellent technical writing skills. Reporting is to be concise, follow company report formats and be based on project specific evidence.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Building science knowledge including a thorough understanding of air, rain-water and vapour control.
- Knowledge of construction materials and products, material deterioration mechanisms and repair and restoration methods with specific focus on building envelope assemblies, parking garages, balconies and guards.
- Effective, responsive communication (verbally and written) with the Project Team and Clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficiency in AutoCAD and other design related software is considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Willing to work at heights, including climbing ladders and accessing swing stages, boom lifts, scaffolding, etc. (safety training will be provided)
- A valid driver’s license and insured vehicle to travel to the office and to properties in southern Ontario. Work related mileage is reimbursed.
- Responsible for budget and schedule control, technical and documentation quality and physical appearance of construction work
- Managing and/or assisting with project investigation, reporting, specification and drawing preparation, tendering, project management, quality observation and liaison with clients, contractors and manufacturers, as needed
- Assist and/or managing field review/testing and data collection and preparation of performance audits, reserve fund studies, capital planning projects, technical/building audits or other investigative reports complete with observations, conclusions, recommendations and repair budgets
- Peer review of reports, specifications and/or drawings
- Since we are committed to our clients, you must be responsive during and outside of normal business hours
- Monitoring our project costs to ensure project profitability
- Planning and supervision of projects through to completion
- Maintain and develop existing client relationships
- Assist with new business development; strategic planning relating to new clients, markets and services
- Assist with promotion and marketing of services including sales, estimating, presentations and proposals
Management, Processes and Administrative
- Submit monthly invoicing sheets and achieve billing targets as determined by your Supervisor
- Review and keep current: time allocation, accounts receivable and project tracking reports
- Assist with development/improvement of company service delivery processes i.e. standard reports, specifications, drawings etc.
- Maintain utilization targets as determined by your Supervisor
- Participate in knowledge sharing meetings within the group and training of junior employees
- Ensuring adherence to high ethical standards and compliance with all regulations and applicable laws
- Participate in knowledge sharing within the group
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under our clients Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
If this or similar positions are of interest to you, please forward your resume in the strictest of confidence to Brittany Chabot at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in opportunities through PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
If you or others you know wish to inquire about other roles within the Design & Construction industry, please don’t hesitate to contact Brittany Chabot at email@example.com
Apply for this job