Civil Municipal Engineer
Civil/Municipal Engineer/Project Manager
Our client, a small to mid-sized consulting engineering firm based in the Brampton area, is looking to add a Civil/Municipal Designer/Project Manager to their Civil Engineering Group. This group provides clients with professional services in a wide range of projects relating to Municipal infrastructure design and analysis work related to urban drainage, storm water management, restoration and/or retrofit of existing municipal infrastructure and municipal servicing for residential, commercial and industrial land development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a key member of our client’s team you will work together with staff and external clients for numerous active projects. You will need to be eager and able to challenge yourself technically and socially in a professional environment. You will need to draw on past experience, training and learned skills as well as pro-actively want to enhance your abilities with enthusiasm and discipline.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic to fulfill the following responsibilities and expectations:
- A strong understanding of municipal servicing requirements and standard practices in Ontario
- Strong technical design skills related to municipal and provincial sewer design, policies and procedures related to urban land development.
- Ability to multi-task and meet various project targets
- Familiarization and experience with engineering drawings and CAD software
- Undertake and/or assist with construction inspection
- Prepare written reports and correspondence with internal staff and clients
- Experience interacting with clients and construction personnel
- Prepare proposals, project study reports and tender documents
- Work in a collaborative environment of engineers and other professionals
- Manage junior staff and report to company managers
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
While the focus of this role is the municipal land development industry, experience with Public sectors and other clients would be considered an asset. Career growth opportunities stemming from the position include the potential for a leadership role, i.e. potentially a Department Manager and/or Associate level role.
As the ideal candidate, you will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Eng designation with Professional Engineers Ontario
- Minimum 10+ years related experience in public or private sectors
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Familiarization with CAD software (AutoCAD Civil 3D or Microstation, Powercivil, InRoads, etc)
If you are interested in learning more about this, or similar opportunities we have available, please send your most recent CV to David Chow, P. Eng. at:
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this opportunity, but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a wholly owned Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Technical and Scientific Industries within Sales, Manufacturing, Transportation, Energy, Municipal and Environmental Sectors. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Our in-depth knowledge of the Technical & Scientific industries and the various project portfolios involved affords us a deep understanding of our clients’ business and the talent needed to achieve fulfilling their human capital requirements. Knowing specifically what our candidates do, the tasks they are involved in, and the projects and experience they have gained allows us to professionally advise them towards career opportunities that are in-line with their next career transition. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its industry specialized recruitment service and expertise producing effective and efficient results. PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is founded on and dedicated to delivering professional staffing solutions and unparalleled service to meet the goals and objectives of our clients and candidates while excelling in integrity, honesty and responsiveness.
Apply for this job