Full-time, Negotiable Salary + Benefits
We are currently working with our client, a well-known /asset management firm to find a Construction Manager. The portfolio is a combination of commercial office and retail.
The Manager, Construction Services will be responsible for the overall planning, budgeting, direction and execution of all construction projects for the properties while overseeing a variety of associated complex administrative and fiscal activities. The incumbent will ensure construction projects; capital and landlord work, are effectively managed.
The role will require you to perform the following
- Construction and Capital Projects: lead large-scale, multi-faceted capital projects applying project management principles to the construction process. You will conduct or attend site meetings or inspections; work with consulting/engineering firms to provide solutions; monitor contractor performance and verify work was performed; ensure project deliverables are met; assist in construction execution, ensuring fulfillment of all contractual obligations on all contracts, leasing and other agreements
- Tendering: tendering and tender analysis for operating and capital project work, prepare RFQ & RFP submissions from service providers, manage/negotiate contract terms with trade and consultants
- Capital Planning: assist in long term capital plans; manage supporting documentation for changes; assist in establishing annual capital budgets;
- Forecasting/Budgeting forecasting and preparing budget conversions for the accounting department as well as monthly development status reports for senior leadership and other stakeholders
- Leadership: direct work flow, delegate job tasks and oversee site building operations staff; both in-house and contract, including trades and other third parties building strong relationships and acting as a mentor
In order to be considered for this role, you will require the following
- 5 years of industry experience
- Post secondary education in Engineering, Architecture, Building Science and/or Project Management
- Proven knowledge of the construction process
- You have superior relationship building skills and the ability to interact professionally and confidently with various internal and external parties.
- Your strong leadership and communication skills coupled with your interpersonal skills in dealing with staff makes you a natural leader.
- Previous experience in managing construction and capital projects will allow you to consult and recommend appropriate action.
Please apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you already be in a similar role or should this be the next step in your career and you would like to discuss further details regarding this position or any other within the Design & Construction field please do not hesitate in contacting Sibby Dunlop to arrange a confidential discussion at 416 521-9015 or via email as above
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Design & Construction Industry related to Buildings & Infrastructure. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its specialty service and expertise producing effective and efficient results.
Architecture & Interior Design
Construction & Development
- Energy / Sustainability
Facilities & Property Management
Apply for this job