Curtain Wall Drafter
Curtain Wall Drafter
Our client, a global leader in complete design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of custom window wall systems is looking for an experienced Curtain Wall Drafter to join their team at their brand new facility in Vaughan.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager on all matters, regarding the assigned and drafting issue. Drafter shall ensure to meet submittal dates in a timely manner. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Job Specific Duties
- Check and ensure to receive all necessary drawings/documents to start the shop drawing (Architectural, Slab edge, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical in CAD and Hardcopies – preferably IFC drawings);
- Attend a Scope of Work meeting with the EM, PM and Estimator to discuss what we price and scope of our work;
- Coordinate with the PM regarding the approved samples (color, finish, glass, spandrel glass);
- Shop drawing must be done as per schedule;
- Responsible to keep track of the revisions;
- Prepare an RFI for any discrepancy between drawings, design and installation issues or missing details;
- Discuss and inform PM at all times issues with the project;
- Follow up after a week for any outstanding RFI’s;
- Review site instructions with the PM to determine the cost implications;
- Coordinate as required with architect and contractor, if verbal follow up with email and copy the PM; and
- Attend coordination meeting with the PM if necessary.
- Communication with coworkers daily by telephone, email and in person;
- Work in a team environment; and
- Both administrative and technical in nature
- Intermediate level position for incumbents wishing to pursue a career in Breakdown or Project Management;
- Knowledgeable in the industry and knows about the products and systems;
- Ability to design or complete fabrication drawings;
- Ability to act as a mentorship to Junior Drafters;
- Ability work on more complex projects;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; and
- Detail oriented with the ability to read architectural drawings.
• Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Architectural Technology Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
Years of Experience
• Minimum 2+ years of working experience.
- On-site work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks that require knowledge of and adherence to basic safety procedures and precautions;
- Work environment requires having construction safety footwear and hard hat for all site work and in certain other locations; and
- At tines requires driving a company vehicle to visit sites.
Should this opportunity be of interest to you, we would like to speak with you in the strictest of confidence. Please submit your C.V/Resume to:
Should you already be in a similar role in Manufacturing & Logistics or should this be the next step in your career and you would like to discuss further details regarding this position or any other within the Technical & Scientific field please do not hesitate in contacting Jessica Driver for a confidential discussion on 226.499.9815 or via email at email@example.com
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Technical & Scientific industry related to manufacturing & Logistics. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its specialty service and expertise producing effective and efficient results.
Apply for this job