Dispatcher – Civil Contractor
Dispatcher – Civil Contractor
Our Client is a vertically integrated heavy civil infrastructure and development company with almost 50 years of expertise is. They specialize in a wide range of heavy civil construction services and material products. In addition to the heavy civil construction company,
Our Client owns and operates a precast manufacturing facility, asphalt emulsion terminal, portable concrete batch plants, a number of pits, quarries and asphalt plants.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Dispatcher has the overall responsibility to ensure trucks and equipment are dispatched to project sites on a timely and efficient basis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Dispatch Company owned and third party trucks and drivers
- Ensure crews have the appropriate equipment on site
- Communicate with superintendents to understand daily trucking and equipment requirements
- Communicate with drivers on a daily basis to provide instructions, directions and to monitor their daily schedules
- Coordinate float moves with drivers in the most efficient manner to ensure equipment arrives on time at correct project site
- Contact third party truckers as necessary to assist with equipment delivery
- Track equipment being used at various project sites
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience dispatching trucks within a heavy civil construction environment
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective at providing instruction and guidance
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced environment
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient computer skills including working with Excel spreadsheets
If you are interested in learning more about this, or similar opportunities we have available, please send your most recent CV to Brian Heron at:
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this opportunity, but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a wholly owned Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Technical and Scientific Industries within Sales, Manufacturing, Transportation, Energy, Municipal and Environmental Sectors. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Our in-depth knowledge of the Technical & Scientific industries and the various project portfolios involved affords us a deep understanding of our clients’ business and the talent needed to achieve fulfilling their human capital requirements. Knowing specifically what our candidates do, the tasks they are involved in, and the projects and experience they have gained allows us to professionally advise them towards career opportunities that are in-line with their next career transition. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its industry specialized recruitment service and expertise producing effective and efficient results. PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is founded on and dedicated to delivering professional staffing solutions and unparalleled service to meet the goals and objectives of our clients and candidates while excelling in integrity, honesty and responsiveness.
Apply for this job