District Sales Manager
For over 50 years, our client has been a leader in the service and maintenance of high voltage power equipment. They are an electrical contractor who has provided exceptional repair and maintenance services to their clients including substation upgrades and transformer repairs with their dedicated staff of service electricians, engineers and 24/7 emergency customer support staff.
Reporting directly to the General Manager/President, this District Sales Manager will be responsible for maintaining and growing sales and market share with our client’s existing customer base and expanding sales volume by identifying and converting new business opportunities in targeted market segments focussing primarily on electrical maintenance and substation construction in Ontario (primarily the Greater Toronto Area).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares quotations, delivery dates and scope of work
- Follows up and reports on results of quotations by working with customers, vendors and internal staff
- Meets sales targets and operating budgets
- Makes cold calls and presentations to existing and prospective customers with respect to new high voltage products, company services and recent changes and/or developments with provincial/national regulatory standards
- Analyzes customer needs to provide technical high voltage solutions
- Uses value-added selling solutions to effectively grow sales volume
- Work with the marketing and engineering services departments
- Strives to achieve maximum sales profitability and continual growth in a designated sales territory
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A diploma or degree from an accredited post-secondary academic institution
- An Electrical Trades certificate would be considered an asset
- Technical aptitude and understanding of industry and regulatory standards and related knowledge of substation, transformer, high voltage equipment & design
- Hands-on field experience relating to high voltage equipment services would be an asset
- A progressive and successful career track record with the sale of services, installation, construction and maintenance of high, medium and low voltage switchgear and substation maintenance
- Experience in estimating/creating quotes for high voltage equipment and repair/maintenance
- Minimum of 5 years of SALES experience in the electrical/high voltage sector
If you are interested in learning more about this, or similar opportunities we have available, please send your most recent CV to David Chow, P. Eng. at:
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this opportunity, but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a wholly owned Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Technical and Scientific Industries within Sales, Manufacturing, Transportation, Energy, Municipal and Environmental Sectors. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Our in-depth knowledge of the Technical & Scientific industries and the various project portfolios involved affords us a deep understanding of our clients’ business and the talent needed to achieve fulfilling their human capital requirements. Knowing specifically what our candidates do, the tasks they are involved in, and the projects and experience they have gained allows us to professionally advise them towards career opportunities that are in-line with their next career transition. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its industry specialized recruitment service and expertise producing effective and efficient results. PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is founded on and dedicated to delivering professional staffing solutions and unparalleled service to meet the goals and objectives of our clients and candidates while excelling in integrity, honesty and responsiveness.
Apply for this job