Electrical Building Services Engineer
Electrical Building Services Engineer
Salary … Negotiable
Are you looking take your career to the next level within the Engineering Industry as a key member of a leading Professional Consultancy Practice in Kingston, ON which will offer you the opportunity for continued career development and advancement?
Do you enjoy working in a team-based, highly collaborative environment? In this company, you will find yourself amongst colleagues who enjoy the challenges of working on a variety of mid and large-sized projects.
Our client, is well-established in the field of Engineering Consultancy and is currently interested in providing an opportunity for an Electrical Building Services Engineer to join their company which specializes in the design of projects for the Residential, Commercial, Retail, Health Care, Institutional, Industrial and Hospitality sectors.
We are interested in engaging an Electrical Building Services Engineer specializing specifically in building systems design whose responsibilities and experience will include but will not be limited to the following areas of expertise during Design, Construction and Project Management phases:
- Full engagement and involvement with the design process of a project from simple to high complexity.
- Carry out reviews and stamp designs for small to medium size projects
- Communicate with Clients, Contractors and Specialist Representatives in all relevant aspects of the project
- Preparing Project Documentation
- Ability to coordinate with Structural, Architectural, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers and co-Consultants
- Lead the Design Team including chairing start-up and coordination meetings
- Conduct site visits, reviews, and Construction phase administration duties including quality control shop drawings reviews, responding to RFI’s, CCN’s, Monthly financial draws and management of scope changes along with all other aspects of works during the construction and commissioning phases of the projects
- Oversee compliance with the project scope, schedule and budget from start to completion and hand over of the project(s)
- Maintain excellent communication with the Client’s representative, other Design Team members, and Consultants
- Establish exact Client project requirements by engaging and meeting with them
- Preparing fees for engineering services and production of the proposal documentation
- Have a genuine personal interest in assisting with the development and expansion of the business in the Kingston area including the identification, introduction, and management of prospective new Clients
- Possess excellent communication skills in both written documentation and oral presentations
Experience and qualifications
- Ideally 8+ years of experience in Electrical Design relating to Building Services Engineering in a variety of sectors; Industrial, Multi-Unit Residential, Healthcare, Commercial, Industrial and Institutional
- Management of all aspects of a project through design and construction phases including the writing of proposals, evaluating buildings for potential projects and interaction with all parties
- Working knowledge of the OBC, OFC, OESC, CSA ASHRAE and other applicable codes
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Proven ability to be organized with the ability to multi-task and work within strict deadlines
- A self-motivator with a pro-active approach to work assignments and opportunities
- Strong leadership skills and leading by example
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. A working knowledge of French would also be an advantage
- Possess recognized Professional Engineering qualifications
Should this opportunity be of interest to you, we would like to speak with you in the strictest of confidence. Please submit your C.V./Resume to:
Should you already be in a similar role in Buildings or should this be the next step in your career and you would like to discuss further details regarding this position or any other within the Design & Construction field please do not hesitate in contacting Lech Bednarek for a confidential discussion on: 647-484-1409 or via email:
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Design & Construction Industry related to Buildings & Infrastructure. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its specialty service and expertise producing effective and efficient results.
- Architecture & Interior Design
- Construction & Development
- Consulting Engineering
- Energy / Sustainability
- Cost Consulting
- Specialty Contracting
- Facilities & Property Management
Apply for this job