Electrical Engineer – Heat Products
Electrical Engineer – Heat Products
Competitive compensation package
Are you interested…
Our client, a global leader in electric heating – offering a wide range of residential, commercial and industrial products – is looking to add a well-rounded and knowledgeable Electrical Engineer to their team. If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging career with extensive opportunity for growth than we would love to speak with you.
We are interested in engaging an Electrical Engineer that will be responsible for the following:
Reporting to the Director of Product Engineering, and working closely with Product Management, Supply Chain, Affiliated Companies and international manufacturing partners, the Electrical Project Engineer will be responsible for managing the development of electrical circuits, printed circuit boards, testing and troubleshooting of the electrical components and assemblies in our electrical heating products. A background in electrical design with good project management skills complemented with hands-on training working with electrical circuits and control boards is critical to success in this role.
The ideal candidate is highly organized managing technical projects, tech-savvy, has electrical experience in setting up control parameters for our electrical heating products, and is capable of working with and influencing suppliers.
- Working closely with the Product Management team, actively participates in development of new electrical heating technologies.
- Evaluates electrical systems, products, components, and applications by applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Interacts with international suppliers with respect to developments, sourcing, sampling, tooling, project timing, design and testing.
- Creates Gantt charts of project timing and takes responsibility for the project management of the engineering tasks.
- Confirms system’s and components’ capabilities by designing test methods.
- Creates drawings/schematics and other technical documentation for manufacturing purposes, to Dimplex standards and procedures that define our technologies.
- Validates and verifies OEM schematics, designs and source codes.
- Locates and identifies resources to aid in the development of new technologies.
- Completes timely analysis and response to quality issues identified by customer service; assists in the resolution of customer quality concerns.
- Documents test results, samples, and procedures.
- Conducts product failure analysis; including analysis of internal and customer failures.
- Develops and maintains systems to collect, consolidate and analyze data to support identification and reduction of costs.
- Takes a disciplined approach to all Engineering work.
- Acts as an effective technical resource for the business.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in electrical/electronics work.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or a related field.
- CAD and PCB Layout experience to create drawings and schematics.
- Strong analysis capabilities, including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- A strong ability to organize, summarize, prioritize, and report information.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A self-starter who is capable of working independently and facilitating actions from many internal and external agents.
- Basic knowledge of product safety certification (CSA, UL, etc.).
- C/C++ development skills or other high-level languages.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new programming languages, frameworks, and platforms.
- Knowledge of security protocols.
- Experience working on a product that combines both software and hardware.
- Experience in App developments.
Should this opportunity be of interest to you, we would like to speak with you in the strictest of confidence. Please submit your C.V/Resume to:
Should you already be in a similar role in Manufacturing & Logistics or should this be the next step in your career and you would like to discuss further details regarding this position or any other within the Technical & Scientific field please do not hesitate in contacting Jessica Driver for a confidential discussion on 226.499.9815 or via email at email@example.com
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Technical & Scientific industry related to manufacturing & Logistics. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its specialty service and expertise producing effective and efficient results.
Apply for this job