Electronics Engineering Team Lead
Electronics Engineering Team Lead
As a part of the Advanced Battery Engineering group and reporting to the Manager of Electronics Engineering you will be responsible for leading teams in the design and development of low and high voltage battery management systems for battery management and future electronic products.
How you will do it
In this exciting and complex role, you will never experience the same day twice. Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Leading and participating in the design, analysis, and execution of all technical aspects of electronic products/projects which meet or exceed the hardware requirements.
- Developing and training internal team members to ensure consistent application of proper hardware engineering discipline throughout the product development cycle
- Directing the design to ensure integration with software, manufacturing, and the battery system.
- Leading design and development for manufacturability, understanding electronics manufacturing processes, and ensuring product testability.
- Implementing processes, tools, and KPI’s to continuously improve product quality governance.
- Directing technical teams to resolve technical issues and ensure changes implemented to avoid re-occurrence.
- Provide efficient, swift and effective path for escalation/resolution of hardware issues (as needed).
- Author hardware requirements for current and future product strategies and costs.
- Review and confirm the hardware analysis plan, approves test results, sponsors design justification and design reviews to support quality product development.
- Facilitating the development of DFMEAs and functional safety within the battery management system.
- Lead electronics participation in EDT/SDT activities and technical communication with customers.
- Present technical topics within electronics engineering teams or product groups
- Lead & support new business quote activities.
- Be recognized as an electronics product development subject matter expert.
- Provide in-depth understanding of best-in-class design & statistical methods and possess the ability to teach others.
- Execute & grow organization skill and competence in creativity, innovation, system integration, industry-leading problem solving & debug techniques, and fact-based decision making.
- Act as a bridge between industry trends and design approach as it applies to electronics
- Provides cross-team coordination to improve product, process, and consistency in technical execution.
- Participate in Electronics knowledge development, innovative technology, and market trends to assist in the contribution to the battery management technology roadmap.
- Support strategic electronics direction to set the company apart as the industry leader in cost, technology, safety, and execution within the global marketplace.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required
- 10+ years of experience in embedded electronics design and development
- 2+ years of engineering team leadership experience
- 5+ years of OE Automotive/Tier 1 electronics experience
- Knowledge and use of electronics schematic capture and PCB layout tools (ex. Altium, Mentor Graphics)
- Experience launching electronic products through the complete design and development lifecycle
- Performed key product development deliverables such as: DFMEA, design validation plans and reports (DVP&R), and problem-solving techniques (ex. 8D)
- Performed electronic circuit design, analysis, and simulation
- Solid communication and organizational skills
- Previous experience leading and working with cross-functional engineering teams
- Previous experience leading direct technical communication with customers
- Willingness to travel – up to 15%, including international
- Experience with high voltage electronic design
- Experience in battery management
- Experience with MATLAB, MathCAD, LabView
- Educational or professional embedded software engineering experience
Should this opportunity be of interest to you, we would like to speak with you in the strictest of confidence. Please submit your C.V/Resume to:
Should you already be in a similar role in Manufacturing & Logistics or should this be the next step in your career and you would like to discuss further details regarding this position or any other within the Technical & Scientific field please do not hesitate in contacting Jessica Driver for a confidential discussion on 226.499.9815 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Technical & Scientific industry related to manufacturing & Logistics. Partnering with top-tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its specialty service and expertise producing effective and efficient results.
Apply for this job