HVAC Construction Sales Manager
HVAC Construction Sales Manager
Our client, a globally recognized leader that specializes in HVAC Building Services is looking for a well- versed and experienced Area Sales Manager to oversee their fast-growing team. If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging career with extensive opportunity for growth than we would love to speak with you.
Under general direction, leads the HVAC business by executing sales strategies to achieve profitability, growth and market penetration. Develops and directs the service sales force in selling service offerings including planned service agreements, controls, fire, and mechanical retrofits, O&M, and labor and materials to the local Controls, Fire and Mechanical service market. Develops and delivers the branch secured service sales and margin plan for all Lines of Business for the assigned geography. Responsible for hiring, coaching, & developing sales people consistent with Sales Management Disciplines. Controls selling expenses and manages resources to improve profit position.
Establishes and maintains long-term relationships with strategically important Customers to influence opportunities. Sets the standard for professionalism within the sales team, building and maintaining a high-performance team able to grow market share through a commitment to customer satisfaction, quality and an understanding of the business environment and local community. Represents Johnson Controls as local leader for customers, employees and within the community.
How you will do it
- Manages assigned BT&S sales portfolio to maximize secured sales, return on assets, revenue, and growth objectives.
- Increases market penetration in local BT&S business by securing new customers and expanding the scope of the existing customer base business at key, target, managed and maintained owner accounts.
- Manages qualification and assessing potential customers and opportunities.
- Consistently seeks to expand the scope of business with owners. Ensures the development and maintenance of Account Plans with all appropriate accounts.
- Analyzes the market and current business performance. Executes growth strategies for sales and operations teams consistent with branch and Building Technologies & Solutions business mission and objectives.
- Understands the business environment of local markets including competition, purchasing and business trends.
- Accountable for integration of service sales and operational team activity within assigned staffing geography.
- Establishes and drives local territory account management consistent with Service North America and Region strategic direction and assigns key and target accounts.
- Builds and fosters a team environment within and across geographies.
- Solicits support from and communicates effectively with internal staff.
- Evaluates Johnson Controls local performance in customer satisfaction and provides leadership for performance enhancement and proactive resolution of issues and allocates resources as needed to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Participates as the management team representative on strategically important target accounts.
- Establishes and maintains personal long-term customer relationships with strategically important accounts to influence opportunities.
- Reviews bids and estimates for accuracy and oversees bid preparation and operational review meetings.
- Working with the Branch Management Team, ensures company standards, processes, and tools are used and applied.
- Ensures the development and training of the sales workforce on established processes, tools, and standards.
- Fosters teaming environment between the different selling segments to maximize all our resources in the geography.
- Leads by example when working with solutions, systems and service operations team members.
- Consistent with the branch business plan, provides sales focus and sets aggressive individual and team goals.
- Ensures adherence to company policies, procedures, and strategic initiatives regarding human resource management.
- Executes the sales staffing plan for the assigned local geography.
- Working with the Branch Management team, recruits, hires, and retains BT&S sales force.
- Prepares and delivers clear performance expectations, performance reviews and development plans for direct reports teaming with the appropriate matrix functional manager.
- Ensures a consistent level of coaching, which includes: monthly ‘one-on-one(s)’, observed and unobserved calls, field opportunity reviews, and financial reviews.
- Directs performance management of sales personnel.
- Ensures compliance with state, local and federal legal requirements and leads the local office with the highest business ethics.
- Represent Johnson Controls as a leader in the local community.
- Participates in local industry and community activities (trade shows, college recruiting, professional organizations, etc.)
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or Marketing.
- Eight to ten years of progressive sales and/or operational experience in building systems/security& fire.
- Three years of experience in a lead or supervisory role with responsibility for the productivity or development of others.
- Demonstrated the ability to relate to people at all levels, and to communicate both on a technical and non-technical basis.
Should this opportunity be of interest to you, we would like to speak with you in the strictest of confidence. Please submit your C.V/Resume to:
Should you already be in a similar role in Manufacturing & Logistics or should this be the next step in your career and you would like to discuss further details regarding this position or any other within the Technical & Scientific field please do not hesitate in contacting Jessica Driver for a confidential discussion on 226.499.9815 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Technical & Scientific industry related to manufacturing & Logistics. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its specialty service and expertise producing effective and efficient results.
Apply for this job