We are currently partnered with a rapidly growing company in the Construction and Manufacturing industry sector, who is looking for an experienced Buyer.
As an integral part of the Purchasing Department, the Buyer will report directly to the Purchasing Manager with regard to purchase orders, budgets and expenditures, all soft and hard goods and materials required for the design, manufacture, delivery, and installation of our Company products. The Buyer will develop and implement procedures for goods and material procurement and be responsible for price negotiation and inventory control.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following
- Communicating effectively and building a relationship with vendors, management and staff;
- Managing purchase orders and document notes and due dates, and resolving purchase order issues;
- Obtaining comparison pricing, negotiating contracts, and requesting quotes from vendors;
- Creating purchase orders for custom and non-custom products;
- Maintaining, following up, and tracking purchase orders and supplier deliveries;
- Resolving invoice discrepancies or issues with Accounting;
- Dealing with defective goods or problematic services and taking necessary actions;
- Monitoring inventory for materials for manufacturing;
- Assuming responsibility for ordering all paint materials and supplies;
- Assuming responsibility for a key role in the quoting process;
- Managing invoice approvals and follow up;
- Creating blanket purchase orders;
- Assisting with the production side of purchasing, (i.e., floor-by-floor release of materials); and,
- Other miscellaneous tasks assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain Management or equivalent;
- A minimum of two years’ working experience in a related field;
- A high comfort level interacting with direct suppliers with the necessary skills to negotiate as required; and,
- Moderate to advanced computer skills in Word and Excel
The Buyer’s position requires a highly motivated individual with excellent problem-solving skills, good interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to multi-task. Previous experience and knowledge in a manufacturing company is preferred.
Vacation, paid personal (sick) days, medical and dental benefits, yearly increments, bonuses, RRSP program, bagels every Friday, monthly birthday pizza lunches, Summer hours, quarterly staff social events, discounted group home and auto insurance, and more.
Should this opportunity be of interest to you, we would like to speak with you in the strictest of confidence. Please submit your C.V/Resume to:
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Technical & Scientific industry related to manufacturing & Logistics. Partnering with top-tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its specialty service and expertise producing effective and efficient results.
Apply for this job