Intermediate / Senior Interior Designer
Intermediate / Senior Interior Designer
Retail / Restaurant / Commercial
Full-time, Negotiable Salary + Benefits
We are looking for someone who is creative, confident and ready to expand your skill-set and take on a high level of accountability with client projects. We offer the opportunity to work with exciting clients and a highly talented team, expand your skill set, explore new ideas and advance your career. This is a challenging, multi-faceted position that requires a powerfully creative, well-organized, detail focussed, motivated individual. This is an opportunity for an individual who is looking to work on various projects within the food and beverage, retail, and hospitality industry. This is a role that allows for a higher sophistication in the design field.
The successful candidate will be required to work in a fast paced and growing organization. The incumbent will have experience working within a similar environment where constant change and adaption is required to be successful. With consistent growth comes more career opportunities for multiple people and this role is considered no different. An ambitious and technically creative motivated individual will surely set themselves apart from their peers. The following is a general summary of the function:
- Bring great, fresh ideas to the team that are project-appropriate
- Produce concept boards to capture intent, look, and attitude for a variety of projects
- Understand budgeting requirements
- Have a personal interest in following world trends and keeping abreast of new technology in the design industry
- Be comfortable working across a range of projects at any one time
- Prepare drawing sets for issue
- Manage time efficiently
- Prepare presentations and information for internal and external meetings
- Have onsite experience and knowledge of construction detailing
- Have working knowledge of structural and mechanical and engineering requirements and building regulations
- Incorporate knowledge of the operational needs of housekeeping, room service, laundry, reception and sales, meeting and conference rooms, food and beverage facilities, and spa and fitness facilities
- Contribute to the design development process including creation of concepts and generation of presentation material
- Research and prepare project specification packages
- Participate in client and public meetings
- Properly maintain project records
- Work with design team to develop design solutions
- Research concepts and materials to support design team on technical issues influencing concept development
- Work within timely schedules to coordinate the completion of tasks through to final project completion
- Diploma or Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a recognized institution
- Registered member of ARIDO
- 4 to 7 years experience in retail, restaurant and commercial interior design
- Team management and leadership skills, and project management experience
- Experience producing design presentation packages
- Experience detailed design and construction drawing packages
- Proven ability to produce FF&E, OS&E and material specifications.
- Experience in project documentation management and control.
- Proven ability to produce work on time, workmanship of high professional standard and demonstrate creativity
- Proven ability to liaise with outside consultants and trades.
- Self-motivated to use initiative in undertaking or continuing a task without supervision, to multi-task and work well with others and as part of a team.
- Requires sound judgment; strong analytical and problem solving abilities; effective interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must have experience in implementing a variety of projects of various sizes which include conceptual development, space planning, working drawings, detailing, developing and maintaining supplier relationships.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of AutoCAD and hands-on technical experience with construction detailing.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch-Up is an asset
Should you already be in a similar role in Architecture and Design or should this be the next step in your career and you would like to discuss further details regarding this position or any other within the Design and Construction field please do not hesitate in contacting Rita Singh for a confidential discussion on 647.417.1185 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Technical & Scientific industry related to manufacturing & Logistics. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its specialty service and expertise producing effective and efficient results.
Apply for this job