PMC is extremely proud to have exclusively partnered up with Venture Steel, who is part of the Giampaolo Group of Companies, and is one of ‘Canada’s Best Managed Companies’. They are a very reputable company who act as the leading North American service centre for Carbon, Stainless and Aluminum products. Due to immense current expansion, they are currently looking to hire an IT Manager who provides leadership to the team and be a good example to their staff.
- Develop, maintain and enforce information technology strategies by listening to/documenting user needs, recommending best practices and researching/ implementing effective solutions.
- To understand and embrace organization goals, strategies and practices.
- Team player working closely with users to develop a collaborative culture which includes “power users” in each functional department.
- Work on completing projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and stays connected throughout the process, good news and bad
- Establishes and enforces quality service standards.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating likely organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Liaises with outside firms for system hardware, application and network consulting and procurement.
- Managing and shaping the I.T. staff through effective training and coaching
- Conduct periodic system audits of technologies implemented by forecasting requirements; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge for themselves and their team by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench-marking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
Skills and Experience:
- Industry and /or Manufacturing Experience as an IT manager. Relevant experience with technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and directed with proven IT leadership abilities
- Development and maintenance of corporate policies, standards and procedures
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with:
- database management systems; data warehouse technology
- system analysis, software evaluations, design techniques
- networks and data communication
- Familiarity in various technologies i.e. Client/Server, Browser Based, Relational Database Management Systems, Operating Systems
- Computer networks, network administration and network installation.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to work in a great environment at an excellent company, offering excellent benefits and a great working environment.
If you or anyone you know is interested then please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 647-265-8419.
Apply for this job