Land Development Engineer
Land Development Engineer
Reports To: Director of Acquisitions and Land Development
This position is responsible for working collaboratively with the land development and land acquisition team, along with other key stakeholders to deliver successful construction projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Involvement in a wide range of activities including; liaison with legal, engineering, planning and landscape consultants, review and administer contract specifications for site servicing, contractor liaison and scheduling, on-site builder liaison and coordination, obtaining grading, subdivision and security deposit releases, review and implementation of subdivision agreements and servicing contracts.
- Perform Engineering assessments for construction projects
- Manage and coordinate projects with other disciplines;
- Review and assess technical reports;
- Prepare and administer project budgets
- Commitment to our organization’s progressive culture, including our company Core Values
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar role, ideally within the construction industry;
- Qualifications to be a Registered Professional Engineer with the PEO an asset;
- Thorough familiarity with all applicable codes and standards;
- Firm understanding of homebuilding technology and related construction processes
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to work effectively with key stakeholders to meet corporate objectives.
- Commitment to teamwork, personal accountability, taking initiative, leadership and integrity
- Experience with Microsoft Project a definite asset
- Should have general working knowledge of other building disciplines;
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit is an asset
- Office environment
- Travel to job sites/municipal and consultant offices for inspections/meetings
- At times, several projects may be active at once, causing a high degree of stress and pressure to meet deadlines
- Sitting at a desk for extended periods of time
- Looking at a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Standard hours of work: 42 hours per week 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Thursday (½ hour unpaid lunch) 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Friday (½ hour unpaid lunch)
If this sounds like you we’d love to hear from you – please send your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration!
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact those selected for an interview.
Apply for this job