Lead Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical Engineer
PMC is looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join our client with their multi-disciplinary Buildings Engineering team. Your projects would be national and require that you collaborate with colleagues in other offices in Canada. Their clients include both public and private client organizations. Market sectors served include commercial, transportation including rail and aviation, education, arts and culture, data centers, health care, energy, and science and industry, among others.
• Lead overall design and management of large, complex, long-term projects.
Coordinate with other internal disciplines and external Architects within time and budget constraints
• Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design items with them.
• Set and meet agreed project budgets and provide input to the overall business operating plan.
• Predict and plan future staffing resources
• Lead and develop a team of mechanical engineers with a focus on sustainable design
• Manage current and future performance of the team by managing work and developing and mentoring the team for growth.
• Responsible for the appraisal, performance, development, morale and motivation of specified staff.
• Promote learning from successes and problems within the group and across the firm
• Negotiate contracts with customers/clients and/or suppliers/contractors.
• Responsible for procuring work independently, can identify potential markets.
• Responsible and accountable for client relations (internal and/or external).
• Represent the company in the industry at high levels nationally and internationally, e.g. think tanks, standard committees and international conferences
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in the built environment with major project leadership experience
• Extensive design experience with HVAC and plumbing systems in buildings, sustainable, low carbon and innovative strategies on projects
• Business development capabilities, experience with putting fees and proposals together, established network within the architectural industry.
• Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals
• Deep experience in project delivery
• Professional Engineer License
• LEED Accreditation is preferred
• Experience with projects rated LEED Gold or better
• Experience in multidisciplinary project management an asset
• Understanding of BIM and Revit MEP
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Networks extensively internally and externally
• Develops team members and passes on what they know
• Collaborates across boundaries
• Teaches values to team
• Communicates plans, ideas and progress
• Plans and leads change to make it stick
• Provides an aspirational role model for more junior people
• Demonstrates resilience and tenacity
This company offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, Paid Time Off (PTO), and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
This company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
We thank all those who apply and will be in touch with applicants whose experience and skills match the requirements for the role.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual, if you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity please reach out to Karen Moore at 647-943-6139 or at email@example.com
We thank all candidates for applying but will only contact candidates with the right skill set and experience.
Apply for this job