PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is partnered with a leading construction and manufacturing company located in Vaughan, ON. We manufacture, design and install glass window and railing systems for high rise condominiums. We are hiring a highly motivated individual with a passion for maintenance to join our team.
The Maintenance Technician will report directly to the Maintenance Manager. This is a full-time and permanent position.
Hours: 7:30am – 5pm, Monday – Friday.
Pay Rate: $26.00-32.00 per hour
- Responsible for daily machine repairs and proper corrective actions;
- Responsible for minor building maintenance;
- Repair or replace control devices such as switches, photo eyes, proximity sensors, contactors,motor starters etc. as needed;
- Perform work order repairs, inspection, adjustments and calibrations;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to make quick effective decisions;
- Able to design and fabricate small repair parts;
- Responsible for Preventive and Predictive Maintenance activities on Weekly and Daily Work;
- Maintain and update Down time Tracker, predictive and preventive maintenance schedule;
- Notify Production of extended repairs / downtime;
- Ensure work order and preventative maintenance documentation processes are in place andadministered;
- Provide solutions to technical problems and recommendations for improvements in production activities;
- Create and secure a safe work environment;
- Proactively maintain a safe working environment focused on prevention and ensuring continued compliance with Occupational Health and Safety legislation; and
- Participates in plant safety, health and environment programs
- Post-Secondary education in electrical or mechanical related courses;
- Technical Trades Training / Licensed Millwright (433a) with Canadian Apprenticeship ispreferred;
- 5+ years maintenance lead experience, preferably in a manufacturing setting;
- Understanding of Progressive and Preventive Maintenance;
- Experience in pneumatics, mechanics and electromechanical repairs;
- Must be able to read electrical and mechanical schematics;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Computer skills using MS Office products;
- Fork Truck, working at heights and skyjack license is required, (the company provides training);
- Must be able to lift 50lbs; and
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods
Health/dental medical benefits, prescription glasses, safety shoe reimbursement, 2 weeks vacation, paid sick days, yearly increments, performance-based bonuses, bagels every Friday, pizza lunches to celebrate our birthdays, discounted group home/auto insurance, staff social events and more…
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). SWC will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication support for the interview upon request.
Apply for this job