Manager of Operations
Manager of Operations
PMC is excited to announce that we have partnered with VM Farms, a Platform and Operations as a Service Provider powering some of the web’s most popular online applications, digital agencies, eRetailers, and high traffic websites.
This is your chance to be a part of a fast-growing company that helps clients solve the fundamental problems of scaling application infrastructure and automation deployment. We are looking for a Manager of Operations to join our growing team.
You will manage a team of 10-15 individuals who are responsible for ensuring the operational integrity of the production environments for our clients. The position supports a 247 environment.
- Performance management for all members of the team
- Reviews all team members on a quarterly basis with one annual salary review
- Collect regular weekly feedback from the team to determine how to improve employee experience as well as customer experience
- Participate with Ops member and development to collect regular weekly feedback from customers directly on how they’re doing and how to improve their experience
- Be a culture conduit and facilitator. Download the company values and DNA to the team, nurture it, and provide feedback to the executives
- Help facilitate and enforce system operations best practices. Draw on advice and guidelines from http://opsreportcard.com/ and other resources
- Schedule and participate in Operations team outings and team building activities on a regular basis, both during and outside of business hours
- Report to executives on the required metrics and progress on business objectives
- Participate in a meeting rhythm with the executives and your own team on a weekly basis with daily standups within operations
- Help facilitate communication between all teams (devops) to achieve business objectives
- Own, build, and administer an onboarding and training program for all members of the Operations team to classify and develop all required skills
- Participate and administer a QA program for customer interactions. Daily review of customer interactions with our staff to ensure consistent responses that conform to our standards and are addressing and pre-empting customer requests
- Review all outages and incident responses and ensure we are meeting our SLAs, post-mortems are accounted for. Continuously look for improvements in the process.
- Be willing to handle escalations from unhappy customers in a graceful and diplomatic manner with the intention to resolve them
- Conceive of, analyze, and report to executives on business and performance metrics related to the Operations team to continuously improve processes and make data-driven decisions
- Experience managing a high performing team of level 1, level 2, and systems administrators
- Experience managing an organization that is primarily customer service driven
- Hands-on technical background, ideally with Linux and cloud technologies
- Proven track record of mentoring a team and building our career paths for them
- Experience analyzing operational processes to identify and implement improvements
- Must have high degree of organization and be very detail oriented
- Have the ability to motivate and get the very best out of the team
We will take care of you by providing:
- A keen and highly motivated team who are looking to learn and grow
- Competitive salary
- A very comprehensive family drug, dental, and paramedical plan
- A Long-Term Disability plan
- Cell phone compensation
- An empathetic and caring workplace
- A focus on having a well-rounded, diverse team of people
- Employer feedback
- Subsidy for learning material
- A no-door policy and always-approachable atmosphere
VM Farms welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right individual. If you are interested, please send in your resume in complete confidence to my email address or contact me in the office for more information.
647 943 9271
Apply for this job