Mechanical Contracts Administrator, New Buildings
Mechanical Contracts Administrator – New Buildings
Our client is recognized as a leader in Mechanical Engineering for new building design in Toronto and across Canada. This exciting opportunity works on high profile projects and is part of the Mechanical Engineering Group of one of the top Consulting Engineering firms in Canada. Take your career to the next level.
- Ensure that sufficient data is obtained through the life of the contract to substantiate contractor’s progress and final payment certificates. Review and process all contractor payment certificates.
- Ensure that contractor’s work is completed according to plans, standards, and specifications prior to approving work and progress payments.
- Issue job reports based on site reviews.
- Coordinate shop drawing reviews with the Project Manager.
- Participate in the development and revisions to the Construction Administrative Documents.
- Review contract design package. Search for errors and omissions within the contract documents.
- Be fully aware of project specific issues, including technical and construction-related issues.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with contractors.
- Manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity at the same time.
- Participate in the Quality Control process and educate the designers with real life examples of installation practices.
- Continue the education process with the designers by coordinating site visits to educate them in the Construction Contract Administration Process.
- Aid in problem-solving of issues within projects administrated by Designers and Engineers.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with a well-developed problem solving, time management and organizational skill set that ensures success.
- A C.E.T. with equivalent experience and abilities will be considered.
- A trade background would be an asset but not mandatory.
- Demonstrate a strong desire for advancement and professional development.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a complex environment often driven by project deadlines.
- Be familiar with systems such as chilled water, heating water, air handling, plumbing, fire protection and other specialized mechanical systems.
- The amount of experience would adjust the level of responsibility of the successful candidate’s position.
- Experience with AutoCAD would be an asset.
Should this opportunity be of interest to you, we would like to speak with you in the strictest of confidence. Please submit your C.V./Resume to Norm Wise at email@example.com
Should you already be in a similar role in Consulting Engineering or should this be the next step in your career and you would like to discuss further details regarding this position or any other within the Design & Construction field, please do not hesitate in contacting Norm Wise for a confidential discussion on: 416.216.4630 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Design & Construction Industry related to Buildings & Infrastructure. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its specialty service and expertise producing effective and efficient results.
Architecture & Interior Design
Construction & Development
- Energy / Sustainability
Facilities & Property Management
Apply for this job