Do you have what it takes to lay out the Architecture for a very large communications company?
Do you want to be a key part of an evolving team?
Are you a Network Architect that has the ability to lead a small team and ensure that security is forefront?
If so please read on….
We here at PMC have partnered up with a client in the downtown core that is seeking a Network Architect to join their team on a 6-month extendable contract to join their team. If you would like to be part of a collaborative team please read below. This would be an excellent opportunity for the right individual.
- 50% hands-on operational work and 50% design, architecture and project work.
- Provide technical leadership to a team of 2 network administrators day to day operations and projects
- The ability to design, document and implement network architecture that reflects business requirements, service level availability, and other technology requirements
- Develop design principles, models, plans, internal standards, and processes based on industry best practices
- Plan security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; adhering to industry standards.
- Coordinate with other IT teams on project work and troubleshooting.
- Assist in maintaining the company’s PCI compliance and other regulatory requirements as needed.
- Monitoring and analyzing network performance across the organizations LANs, WANs and wireless deployments Maintain support agreements with vendors
- Participate in 24×7 production infrastructure support
- Demonstrated operational expertise with:
- Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless controllers
- Palo Alto firewalls
- Networking protocols: HSRP, STP, BGP, OSPF, VRRP
- Router virtualization
- Firewall rules and NAT
- Cisco ISE
- Experience with creating, maintaining, and troubleshooting IPSec based VPN networks
- 10 years experience with network administration
- 5 years experience configuring and troubleshooting F5 Load Balancers
- Strong understanding of Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years of experience with designing infrastructure security systems
- 5+ years network design experience
CCIE in R&S preferred
This is an incredible opportunity for the right individual. If you are interested, please send in your resume in complete confidence to my email address or contact me in the office for more information.
Should you or others you know wish to inquire about other roles within the IT industry please don’t hesitate in contacting
Apply for this job