Downtown Toronto, Ontario
Full-time, Negotiable Salary + Benefits
We are currently working with our client, an asset management firm involved in the management of Commercial office, retail and entertainment. This role is located Downtown Toronto. This is a high-profile property in the heart of Toronto. This role requires a high level of commitment.
In this role you will be reporting to the GM.
On a day-to-day basis, the key responsibilities of the Operations Manager include but are not limited to:
- Manages the day to day activities of the building and all direct reports. The role manages security and 2 building operators.
- Oversee the condition of the building systems and equipment to preserve the value of the property and to minimize downtime.
- Assist in preparation of assigned portions of the operating budget, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical and utilities.
- Review construction documents and provide written reviews to the Senior Operations
- Maintain complete and accurate records of the building keying system;
- Administer the supervision, planning, evaluation and implementation of the Preventative
- Maintenance Program.
- Monitor operational expenses on a monthly basis by reviewing actual performance against budget.
- Ensure the safe operation of all mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, life safety systems, etc. and ensure that the building envelope and grounds of the building are maintained to standards.
- Facilitate and coordinate ongoing, open communications with tenants by attending various meetings as required by the tenants to understand and address their operational concerns in order to ensure their needs are being met and the organizations assets are maintained appropriately.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to facilitate positive relationships with tenants, contractors, coworkers and management; 12. Establish and enforce a minimum standard of preventative maintenance, repair and operational record keeping. Monitor the preventative maintenance system, analyze performance trends.
- Supervise contracted service providers Security and Janitorial.
- Review tender documentation, analyze bids, monitor progress of assigned projects and report on the current status of the various projects.
- Postsecondary education in a related area plus relevant management training and experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in Physical Operations management with at least 5 years supervisory/management experience preferably in a mixed-use environment
- Proven leadership abilities
- High level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written.
Please apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you already be in a similar role or should this be the next step in your career and you would like to discuss further details regarding this position or any other within the Design & Construction field please do not hesitate in contacting Sibby Dunlop to arrange a confidential discussion at 416 521-9015 or via email as above.
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Design & Construction Industry related to Buildings & Infrastructure. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its specialty service and expertise producing effective and efficient results.
Architecture & Interior Design
Construction & Development
- Energy / Sustainability
Facilities & Property Management
Apply for this job