PMC has partnered up with a reputable company that attracts and retains the highest caliber people. We encourage opportunities for growth, development and promotion by providing our employees with the resources to work effectively and continually strive to perform better. We are committed to a safe and sustainable work environment.
The opportunity: Reporting to the Property Manager, the Operations Manager is a senior building operations position and is responsible for providing administrative, operational and technical service and support to an office portfolio of approximately 450,000 square feet. The primary objective of the Operations Manager is to ensure that the assigned real estate portfolio or complex of buildings is being managed and maintained in a safe and environmentally responsible manner and to the highest level of operational efficiency. In addition, the position requires proficiency at managing leasehold improvements oversight. The following information highlights the key responsibilities and qualifications for this position.
What you will do:
- oversee preventative maintenance and unscheduled repairs of HVAC, mechanical, plumbing, lighting, electrical, elevating devices and life safety systems;
- manage energy and utility consumption;
- conduct environmental assessments and reporting;
- implement the corporate occupational health and safety program;
- manage waste, recycling and hazardous materials;
- oversee computerized control systems;
- tenant improvement construction management;
- ensure sound curtain wall, structural and roof maintenance;
- respond to tenant service requests;
- perform life cycle costing exercises;
- conduct insurance and risk management inspections, remedial actions and reporting;
- prepare annual operations and capital project budgeting;
- liaise with regulatory or civic authorities having jurisdiction;
- provide technical or administrative advice to internal and external clients;
- supervise, coach and mentor operations staff:
- remain current and up to date with new industry practices, legislative changes and new technologies;
- proactively support Bentall Kennedy’s culture of environmental responsibility and social responsibility, and lead efforts to demonstrate the organization’s commitment to sustainability and responsibility. Working with the General Manager, set targets and goals for energy efficiency, greenhouse gas emissions, water usage and recycling
- monitor utility consumption and develop and implement strategies for reductions
- review consumption trends regularly with operations staff
- manage and respond to environmental risks and hazards
- keep abreast of new developments and industry standards and practices for efficient building operations by attending industry events and participating in company or industry committees
- continually seek and engage staff in seeking opportunities for waste reduction and improvements in recycling
- participate in tenant and staff community-support events as appropriate
- other duties as assigned
Technical Qualifications – The Operations Manager shall have the following technical qualifications or industry equivalency:
§ 3rd or 4th Class Power Engineer (or equivalent) or
§ a Technical Certificate ( C.Tech. or A.ScT.) or
§ Journeyman Trades Person (Electrician, Plumber or Refrigeration) is an asset but not a requirement or
§ BOMI SMA / SMT or;
§ FMA / RPA is an asset but not a requirement;
§ plus a minimum of 5 years direct work experience holding a senior position in commercial high rise building operations;
§ a valid drivers license;
§ intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office.
Communication & Relationship Skills – Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written, with all levels within the company; ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with all business units; mature and self-motivated team player who is committed to personal growth and ethical integrity; have strong relationships with industry peers and trade associations.
Time Management / Working Environment – Ability to allocate one’s time effectively and manage tight deadlines; ability to work under pressure and achieve quality results; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adaptable to new ideas and embrace changes; results and detail oriented; work within an environment that is subject to moderate to high levels of stress in emergency or conflict situations; on occasion requires involvement in repairs or maintenance in inclement weather or uncomfortable environmental working conditions; may be required to attend to or provide direction during after hours emergency situations; requires the ability to exert moderate physical effort and must be able to move quickly in emergency situations; is able to thrive within a busy working environment.
Organizational & Leadership Skills – Ensure operations records, files and documentation are maintained in an orderly, accurate and timely fashion; strong administrative and organizational skills; possess strong leadership, supervisory, mentoring and coaching skills.
Decision Making Skills – Ability to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning; ability to achieve goals using logical and strategic approaches to resolving challenges.
If you or anyone you know is interested in this position, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Apply for this job