EXP, we know that great experiences start with the right people. We believe that work should be challenging, and the challenge should be fun. We also believe that exponential possibilities are more likely to occur with a respectful, satisfying and empowering company. We value and respect our employees – their experience and expertise as well as their energy, passion and diversity – and their innovative approach to work and to life.
EXP is currently seeking a Senior Pavement Engineer to join our engineering team in Brampton, Ontario. Reporting to the Geotechnical Division Manager, the successful candidate will provide technical services to a variety of projects across Central Ontario in a varied and challenging scope.
• Developing and maintaining business relationships with clients;
• Preparing proposals for projects for pavement engineering services for civil engineering projects that include cost estimates and timelines;
• Planning and carrying out assignments requiring familiarity with a broad range of geotechnical/pavement engineering with reciprocal knowledge of the work on other field of technical work;
• Utilizing combinations of standard procedures, modifications of standard procedures and methods developed in other assignments when analyzing each unique project;
• Co-ordinating with clients, suppliers and third parties to accomplish the required project objectives;
• Managing projects to achieve the objectives, which are required by the client, including briefing and control of staff and contractors allocated to the project, scheduling work, cost control (expenses and budget control as well as utilization management);
• Directing field activities, including investigation, monitoring and testing services on construction projects;
• Attending project meetings and carrying out site inspections when senior technical guidance and support is required;
• Reviewing and interpreting monitoring information from geotechnical instrumentation programs; • Carrying out analysis of data, including computer analyses;
• Writing and reviewing technical reports;
• Working with senior staff when dealing with difficult, complex and unusual matters and decisions;
• Performing independent studies, analyses, interpretations and conclusions;
• Working independently with little supervision, depending on the complexity of the assignment;
• Liaising with clients, contractors, consultants, municipal staff, and other stakeholders;
• Continuing own technical skills development and propagation of those skills to others;
The skills, knowledge and abilities we seek
• P. Eng. Designation from Ontario is required;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Geotechnical, Civil or Geological Engineering with a post-graduate degree preferred;
• A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Pavement designs and evaluations of flexible (asphalt concrete) and gravel-surfaced pavements;
• Demonstrated competence in structural design of highway and municipal pavements using current pavement design methods and software
• Expertise in pavement condition assessments
• Knowledge of pavement construction methods, materials and specifications
• Development of comprehensive scopes of work to the client’s requirements;
• Use of high-level engineering principles;
• Accurately and appropriately reporting project assignments on schedule. • Ability to manage multiple projects at one time;
• Proven business development skills to generate geotechnical services on projects and to take on new clients;
• Experience with complex pavement investigations and design work;
• Strong verbal and written (English) communication;
• Ability to exercise diplomacy and tact when interacting with fellow staff, clients, consultants and contractors;
• Strong organizational and time management skills, including multi-tasking;
•Familiarity with standard construction procedures and methodologies;
What EXP Can Offer
With a mission to understand, innovate, partner and deliver, EXP provides engineering, architecture, design and consulting services to the world’s built and natural environments.
Our heritage dates back to 1906, when the earliest of EXP’s predecessor companies started its engineering infrastructure practice. Today, over 3,000 creative EXP professionals across North America provide the passion and expertise needed to deliver successful projects around the world. Our promise is to offer you a challenging career in a positive and dynamic work environment, and it’s a promise we take seriously.
Join a dynamic team at EXP that provides you with innovative projects, the capacity to develop your career, a full range of benefits, flexible working hours, and much more! When you explore what EXP has to offer, you’ll find exponential possibilities.
For more information, visit www.exp.com.
Should this opportunity be of interest to you, we would like to speak with you in the strictest of confidence. Please submit your C.V/Resume to: email@example.com
Should you already be in a similar role in Manufacturing & Logistics or should this be the next step in your career and you would like to discuss further details regarding this position or any other within the Technical & Scientific field please do not hesitate in contacting Jessica Driver for a confidential discussion on 226.499.9815 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job