Are you interested…
PMC Specialists has recently partnered with one of Canada’s top infrastructure companies and is looking for a well rounded and knowledgeable production supervisor to join their Precast division.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for creating a work environment where health and safety is the number one priority. This role reports to the Plant manager and is responsible for providing support to the operational teams by coaching and mentoring direct reports, approving time and employee evaluations, hiring production staff, and approving and participating in the design of the operational teams. In addition, the Supervisor is responsible for facilitating effective team work and communication in order to meet or exceed stated KPIs.
Details of Position
* Excellent safety record and leadership around safety
* Building, motivating and managing large teams. Demonstrated success in developing people
* Demonstrated ability to make tough decisions
* 5-8 years of precast, concrete or construction materials experience
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a changing environment
* Proficient at Microsoft Office Suite
* Driven to improve performance
* Ensure training, communication, and safety initiatives are effectively communicated to plant employees
* Ensure that all plant employees are properly trained in the appropriate Health and Safety mandates · Conduct plant tours to audit conditions
* Lead by example, wears PPE, ensures open lines of communication around safety, actively promotes safety discussions
* Promote safety before production
* Resolve any performance issues
* Ensure communication to all applicable parties on policy/procedural changes
* Facilitate culture of suggestions and recommendations for change
* Authorize recommendations, raises any major quality issues to more senior managers
Ensure all required documentation is complete.
* Conducts audits on a periodic basis.
* Signs off on all Pre/Post Pour sheets
* Ensure effective communication occurs between the quality and operations teams
* Communicate any changes to company policy/procedures to employees and ensures the information flows through the teams.
* Manage issues as they are escalated.
* Evaluate and communicate recommendations for change
* Authority to veto changes based on skill set of the team members, needs of the business, project requirements, etc.
* Review team design, ensure maximum use of skill sets (provide skilled manpower as needed within the frontline leadership teams)
* Listen to recommendations, review options, overall approval for costs and changes before they are communicated at a more senior level
* Provide final approval on a business case before it is sent to a more senior level
* Communicate with Purchasing as required
* Ensure lean principles are effectively applied
* Assess training needs on an ongoing basis
* Facilitate training. Coordinate training externally if required.
* Follow up with staff to ensure that training occurred and employees are using the new tools effectively
* Ensure good ideas brought forward are implemented. Follow up on all ideas suggested and reward those who bring practical ideas
* Be a change champion by openly promoting change, facilitating change and dealing with those who are road blocks to change
* Ensure there is always a focus on efficiency
* Operate within SOPs and ensure teams do as well.
* Make recommendations for change if needed. Listen to recommendations and implement if within scope of role. If not, ensure ideas are communicated up.
* Ensure teams are operating at optimal level and volume KPIs are being met.
* Follow up on volume issues
* Communicate KPIs to the teams using the Daily and Weekly Huddles
* Conduct Plant volume scheduling
* Follow up with Lead Hands to ensure efficient use of labor, production is on time and in spec with goal of exceeding customer expectations
*Approve work plans as per specifications, customer expectations, other projects going on in the plant
* Manage resources overall within the plant
* Make final decision on resolution of conflict, within scope of role, otherwise raise the issue up to more senior position with recommendations for resolution
* Maintain overall accountability for approval of time
* Ensure all required training takes place, is authorized, and signed off and new skills are being utilized. Solicit feedback from employees on training needs
* Make decision on final step in discipline process using the recommendations from the Lead Hand. Communicates with union if required. Is involved in all progressive discipline
* Provide mentoring to new or higher potential employees. Provides coaching to Lead Hands as required
* Ensure orientation schedules are in place for new hires. Follows up with other frontline leaders to ensure the orientation has taken place
* Sign off on evaluation of employees; provides any feedback necessary
* Approval for hiring of production/operation staff.
* Create a culture of teamwork by providing opportunities to build trust and accountability. Listen to his/her team and encourages them to do the same with their teams
Apply for this job