We are looking for a Project/Bid Director to join the leadership of the Toronto office for our esteemed client in the engineering consulting industry.
Do you have a track record of success in which there is evidence of business development, interpersonal skills, commercial acumen and design leadership?
Are you are a highly skilled and innovative engineer who leaves a strong positive impression on clients and who has a vision and insight to shape a better world?
Do you have extensive experience in winning and delivering projects large, complex projects?
In this role the primary responsibilities will be to position our client as a recognized player in the Buildings marketplace (win work / develop clients) and lead multi-disciplinary project teams to achieve technical and commercial success.
As Project/Bid Director you will:
• Leverage the relationship with Architects, Contractors, End-Clients, and understanding of the external market conditions to preposition this company for upcoming key projects
• Lead proposal preparation and procure work.
• Develop and execute the market plans and strategy
• Ensure the company competes effectively through a thorough understanding of external market conditions (method of procurement, fees, scope of service, conditions, and competitor benchmarks).
• Lead the overall design and/or management of Buildings projects – coordinating many different people, facilities, and resources etc.
• Manage financial and technical performance on Buildings multidisciplinary projects as a Project Director.
• Promote excellent quality of project work
• Be responsible and accountable for client relations (internal and/or external).
• Connect with clients, keeps them informed, seeks feedback, listens to complaints and praise, manages expectations and responds appropriately
• Contribute to the overall leadership of the Buildings Practice in Canada and to the overall leadership of Canadian business.
• Assist to deliver Operating Plan goals including strong commercial performance of projects.
• Bachelor’s degree required with minimum 15 years of experience in a technical/design discipline with a sound knowledge of built environment.
• Significant design experience; breadth of experience across Canada and internationally would be well regarded.
• Professional license.
• Excellent track record in business development and project management, with exceptional team leadership and relationship building skills.
• Demonstrated strong commercial acumen and financial skills.
• Demonstrated communication, negotiation, influencing and presentation skills.
• Experience in the application of Canadian Building Codes and Standards.
• Excellent communication skills essential for team-based working
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
• Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
• Innovative thinker with high level strategic planning skills.
• Networks extensively internally and externally
• Develops team members, represents professional values and passes on what they know
• Provides an aspirational role model for more junior people
• Collaborative, helpful, “can-do”, and Client focused attitude
• Comfortable working across discipline and organizational boundaries
• Proactively communicates plans, ideas and progress
• Plans and leads change to make it stick
• Demonstrates resilience and tenacity
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Our client offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, GRRSP match, time off and profit share.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to thrive.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual, if you or someone you know is interested in this opportunity please reach out to Karen Moore at 647-943-6139 or at email@example.com
We thank all candidates for applying but will only contact candidates with the right skill set and experience.
Apply for this job