We are seeking a candidate to fulfill the role of Project Manager. We require someone with strong skills in managing and maintaining high quality control across multiple projects, inclusive of document review and consultant coordination activities. We are looking for an individual with broad skills and experience in all phases of project delivery. Strong, hands-on technical knowledge and experience in field review and contract administration is essential.
Our client is a family-owned, boutique architecture firm located in Vaughan, designing award-winning work in the commercial, industrial, residential, and medical sectors. We offer candidates exposure to a wide variety of projects, all at different phases, with a high degree of responsibility and involvement. We are a growing firm, with a dynamic, challenging, and creative atmosphere, always looking for talented individuals willing to join our team and be part of something.
- Professional degree in Architecture, or Architecture-related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of relevant project experience in the commercial and industrial sectors
- Exceptional technical knowledge of building construction and details, Ontario Building Code, and building science
- Ability to supervise production of a number of projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead and work within a team environment
- Ability to coordinate with multi-disciplinary consultant team
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Manager activities within our firm will vary based on the stages of Planning, Design Development, and Construction within a project. Each day will comprise of a combination of any of the below activities on a variety of different project types and sizes.
- Meet with clients to discuss project requirements
- Perform code reviews of designs and details
- Evaluate design alternatives, provide suggestions from a value engineering perspective
- Review and approve both internal and consultant proposals and budgets
2. Design Development
- Overlook the production of working drawings and project specifications
- Create details to conceptualize design feasibility
- Perform technical reviews of current design specifications
- Work with Design team to perform material and product selections
- Coordinate municipal approvals during design development stage
- Conduct ongoing client coordination during the design phase
- Manage the tender phase – review contracts, analyze received submissions, provide client support during decision
- Conduct contract administration throughout the duration of a project
- Review and approve project shop drawings, meet & coordinate with sub-consultants as needed
- Conduct routine site visits to monitor progress, provide site design review updates
- Resolve issues on site related to construction and coordination challenges, answer RFIs, provide additional instruction to site.
We offer employees competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package consisting of health, drug, vision, and dental coverage. In addition, we offer employees developmental training throughout the year to enhance professional and personal skills.
If this or similar positions are of interest to you, please forward your resume in the strictest of confidence to Brittany Chabot at: email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in opportunities through PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
If you or others you know wish to inquire about other roles within the Design & Construction industry, please don’t hesitate to contact Brittany Chabot at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job