One of PMC’s leading IT Service Provider clients in the Waterloo Region is actively looking for a full-time Project Technician to join their team.
We are looking for a Project Technician with a proven record of coordinating and completing a range of structured projects.
The successful candidate must be able to schedule their time with both customers and vendors, with the focus to get work done, and the ability to create comprehensive documentation. In additional their solid technical skills, the Project Technician will have experience delivering complex hardware and software migration projects. You’re applying to work at a business with a supportive team who have a strong work ethic and will be operating in a positive work environment.
We’re creative and constantly striving to evolve our methods – you’ll have the opportunity to take ownership of the position and make a difference. The Applicant should be able to schedule their time and work independently to complete all tasks assigned. Coordinate with vendors and contractors. Implement large-scale, multi-phase projects to meet the goals of their customers, driving them from kick-off to wrap-up in a timely manner. Meet budgetary requirements and adjust project constraints.
Conduct themselves in a friendly and professional manner while minimizing customer impact and communicating with stakeholders during all key phases of projects. Be security focused and following industry standard best practices. Manage downtime and customer impact. Ensure risks are managed while minimizing their impact on projects and customers. Develop templates to improve and standardize projects layouts and budgets. Create easy to follow technical documentation and user instructions. Work evenings and weekends when required.
Responsibilities and Duties
Their duties will involve quick installs, the execution of large projects and supporting other branches of the business. Our clients business has evolved and is looking for a driven individual who has solid experience and leadership and a take-charge attitude.
The Project Technician is responsible for handling migrations and upgrades for their clients. Projects include server upgrades, cloud migrations, Office 365 migrations, network upgrades, backup system upgrades, ERP system migrations and upgrades, and technical system discovery.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in the IT industry.3+ years of experience with a portfolio of completed projects in the IT industry. Solid technological background with Windows domains, Office 365, networking and email. Strong written and verbal communication skills with both end-users and technical staff.
- Mandatory experience dealing with Structured projects.
- Firm organizational and multi-tasking skills. Experience improving processes.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to discover solutions for all challenges faced. Have a commercial awareness to ensure our clients needs are met and identify opportunity for improvement.
- Capable of working as part of a team and managing other project members when required.
- Mentoring coworkers to help them fulfill requirements of projects they’re working on.
- Experience building relationships with end-users and project stakeholders an asset.
- Experience with Windows domains, firewall and networking systems, phones, email and cloud services and virtualization. Certifications with technology and project management an asset.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual! If you or anyone you know is interested please send me your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at the office at 647-265-8419
Apply for this job