Property Accounting Manager
Property Accounting Manager
Toronto East, Ontario
Full-time, Negotiable Salary + Benefits
We are currently working with our client, a developer/asset management firm mainly involved in the industrial space with some commercial assets to find a Property Accounting Manager. Our client is a growing 3rd party real estate management firm.
The successful candidate will assist in the day-to-day property accounting management of a 2 million sq. ft. of industrial/commercial the GTA;
With a focus on property accounting & finance responsibilities for a real estate management company. This opportunity exists for this individual to get great exposure into the real estate industry and build a long-term career with a dynamic, growing and reputable real estate group.
In this role you will be responsible for the following;
- Handle full-cycle accounting for a real estate portfolio including income producing and development properties
- To provide accurate and timely financial information as required internally by management and externally by investors and other parties.
- Have full involvement, responsibility, and accountability for their portfolio, which includes all monthly, quarterly, annual, and other duties as detailed in the job responsibilities
- Manage a team of four. Three Property accountants and an AP clerk.
Specifics of the role are;
- Co-ordinate month-end and year-end closing procedures
- Perform financial analysis and prepare monthly financial statements for all properties
- Prepare all aspects of financial and operational reporting
- Prepare properties budgets and forecasts
- Create/Modify/Audit all financial /operational policies and procedures
- Supervise all accounting staff.
- Oversee all bank transactions and requirements
- Reconcile monthly all bank accounts
- Prepare year-end recoveries reconciliation
- Calculate monthly chargebacks for salary, office supplies, etc.
- Maintain amortization schedules including insurance, property tax, capital projects.
To excel in this role you will have;
- Minimum 4-5 years accounting experience; minimum 2-3 years commercial/retail property accounting experience.
- Experience managing a team
- An accounting designation
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Suite; advanced Yardi Voyager
Please apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you already be in a similar role or should this be the next step in your career and you would like to discuss further details regarding this position or any other within the Design & Construction field please do not hesitate in contacting Sibby Dunlop to arrange a confidential discussion at 416 521-9015 or via email as above
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Design & Construction Industry related to Buildings & Infrastructure. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its specialty service and expertise producing effective and efficient results.
Architecture & Interior Design
Construction & Development
- Energy / Sustainability
Facilities & Property Management
Apply for this job