Senior Asphalt Paving Estimator
Senior Asphalt Paving Estimator
Growing mid-size paving company is looking for an experienced estimator in the construction industry to join the team for long term commitment. The successful candidate will prepare complete tender submissions and review all tenders with the Chief Estimator before closing. The individual must possess strong organizational and time management skills, ability to work independently and with minimum supervision with confident personality to take on responsibilities and meet tight deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Check upcoming tenders, for evaluation and bidding
- Attend pre-tender/site meetings as required
- Accurately analyze and review bid packages/requirements & specifications before submission.
- Request and prepare bid bonds and agreements.
- Perform quantity take offs drawings and on site.
- Ability to prepare preliminary constructions schedules.
- Knowledge of materials and labor costs sheets preparation.
- Obtain sub-contractor quotes.
- Liaison with clients/engineers and prepare change orders.
- Provide Project Estimates & budget, keep a record of CO and extras to project.
- Provide technical support to field operation.
- Provide scope of work and scheduling.
- Ability to lead and train junior estimator.
- Degree/College Diploma in civil engineering with attention to details.
- Team player with 5+ years of asphalt and/or concrete paving experience.
- Valid G driver’s license must be willing to travel within the GTA and its immediate surroundings.
- Thorough understanding of OPSS, CCDC contracts and municipal works.
- Good understanding and reading of drawings and documents.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office Excel and Word.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Estimating (1-5 yrs): 5 years
If you are interested in learning more about this, or similar opportunities we have available, please send your most recent CV to Brian Heron at:
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this opportunity but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a wholly owned Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Technical and Scientific Industries within Sales, Manufacturing, Transportation, Energy, Municipal and Environmental Sectors. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Our in-depth knowledge of the Technical & Scientific industries and the various project portfolios involved affords us a deep understanding of our clients’ business and the talent needed to achieve fulfilling their human capital requirements. Knowing specifically what our candidates do, the tasks they are involved in, and the projects and experience they have gained allows us to professionally advise them towards career opportunities that are in-line with their next career transition. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its industry specialized recruitment service and expertise producing effective and efficient results. PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is founded on and dedicated to delivering professional staffing solutions and unparalleled service to meet the goals and objectives of our clients and candidates while excelling in integrity, honesty and responsiveness.
Apply for this job