Senior Breakdown Detailer
Senior Breakdown Detailer
Reporting to the Engineering Manager on all matters, regarding the assigned and breakdown issue. Breakdown detailer shall ensure to meet all schedules in a timely manner. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Communication with coworkers daily by telephone, email and in person;
- Work in a team environment; and
- Both administrative and technical in nature.
Job Specific Duties:
- Review approved shop drawing or marked-up shop drawing prior to doing breakdown;
- Ensure working on the current set of shop drawing and approved sample list;
- Request PM for cutout marked-up if not available yet;
- Attend a kick-off meeting with installer to discuss if there are special requirement needed in window installation;
- Review with PM and ensure all reply to RFI and SI are incorporated in the breakdown;
- Mark all revisions on the shop drawing set used for as-built purposes;
- If project is guaranteed, ensure that drafter double check the latest slab edge drawing against the approved shop drawing;
- Site measurement has to be laid out in cad if necessary;
- Mark on installation plans/slab edge drawing all questions and missing sizes;
- Coordinate with installer and FM as requested;
- Do the breakdown in the software according to standard practice;
- Prepare sketches where required i.e. frit pattern, vent box cutouts, etc.;
- Discuss with PM and FM if there are discrepancies between the shop drawing and site measurements;
- Release breakdown to purchasing and plant as per schedule and procedure;
- Prepare pulled sheets take off per release (extrusion, awning/casement material & swing door) to prepare materials to production;
- Advise PM ahead of time if schedule will not be meet;
- Fill up breakdown package;
- Update windows on-hold tracker;
- Coordinate with the PLM and QCM if necessary for special windows to assemble;
- Issue a request material to purchasing, production &/or service for any revision, site changes or error made & update original file; and
- Run an inventory report prior to finishing the project as requested by the plant manager to include hoists and windows on-hold minus the commercial area
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Architectural Technology Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
- Minimum 5+ years of working experience.
- On-site work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks that require knowledge of and adherence to basic safety procedures and precautions;
- Work environment requires having construction safety footwear and hard hat for all site work and in certain other locations.
- At times requires driving a company vehicle to visit sites.
- Senior level position for incumbents wishing to pursue a career in Engineering or Project Management;
- Detail oriented with the ability to read architectural drawings;
- Knowledgeable in the industry and knows about the products and systems;
- Ability to act as a mentorship to Junior Breakdown Detailers;
- Ability work on many projects that are large and complex; and
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
Apply for this job