Senior Design Manager
Senior Design Manager
Cayman Islands, Caribbean
Full Time, Negotiable Salary, Full Benefits and much more…
Have you ever dreamt of working and living in the sunny Caribbean? Are you ready to take your career to the next level while working for one of the largest and well-known firms in the Caribbean?
If so, this opportunity might be for you…..
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is looking for a value-driven employee who thrives in an atmosphere which encourages teamwork, continuous improvement, and innovation.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager – Design, the Senior Design Manager will liaise with in-house client departments to assess project needs, project scope, and implementation plans, and to develop concepts and design solutions to fulﬁll project requirements.
We are seeking candidates with following skills and experience
- Develop, in consultation with client departments, project scope, and implementation plan
- Develop concepts and design solutions to fulﬁl project requirements
- Manage in-house design staff in the development of concept and schematic design documentation as requested by client departments
- Prepare requests for proposals for design services, issue, monitor and assess submissions, and provide recommendations to client departments
- Conduct technical meetings with design and construction teams, prepare and distribute minutes
- Review consultant information throughout design process for compliance with project scope, applicable codes, cost plan and required quality
- Review areas of non-conformity with the construction team, direct design team to resolve as necessary
- Coordinate with the construction team to ensure integration of design and construction schedules
- A Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering (or relevant discipline) or multi-decade real estate industry experience (architectural design, civil and structural or mechanical and electrical engineering and project management)
- A professional registration and full membership of a recognized professional body (RIBA, AIA, RAIC or equal) preferred
- A hands-on approach creating practical design solutions for projects ranging from small to large scale commercial and industrial
- Experience managing: multi-disciplinary design teams, tight schedules and quality and budget constraints
- Experience in design and construction for international/ island environments addressing harsh environments, hurricane resistant design and construction, and project planning
- Experience ensuring compliance with codes and laws to achieve maximum development potential
- Working knowledge of MS Suite (speciﬁcally Excel, Word, Project)
- Proﬁciency with AutoCAD (essential) and REVIT (preferred)
Should this opportunity be of interest to you, we would like to speak with you in the strictest of confidence. Please submit your C.V./Resume to:
Should you already be in a similar role or should this be the next step in your career and you would like to discuss further details regarding this position or any other within the Design & Construction field please do not hesitate in contacting Ivana Vesic for a confidential discussion on: 647.484.0449 or via email:
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Design & Construction Industry related to Buildings & Infrastructure. Partnering with top-tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its specialty service and expertise producing effective and efficient results.
Architecture & Interior Design
Construction & Development
- Energy / Sustainability
Facilities & Property Management
Apply for this job