Senior Field Manager
Senior Field Manager
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Site Operations, the Field Manager shall direct, oversee, and be responsible for all on-site elements and functions that relate directly and indirectly to the design, manufacture, delivery, and installation of products on projects assigned. Working as part of an established organization structure and within standard protocols and procedures by which all work undertaken is conducted, the Field Manager shall:
- Write letters, memos and emails;
- Communication with coworkers daily by telephone, email and in person;
- Work in a team environment; and
- Both administrative and technical in nature.
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Architectural Technology Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
- Project Management Professional Certification is an asset.
Years of Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of working experience.
- Work may involve some exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and loud noises.
- On-site work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks that require knowledge of and adherence to basic safety procedures and precautions;
- Work environment requires having construction safety footwear and hard hat for all site work and in certain other locations; and
- Requires driving a company vehicle.
- Senior level position for incumbents wishing to pursue a career in Project Management;
- Detail oriented with the ability to read architectural drawings;
- Knowledgeable in the industry and knows about the products and systems;
- Ability to act as a mentorship to Intermediate FM’s;
- Ability work on many projects that are large and complex; and
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
Job Specific Duties
- Schedule the Start-Up meeting with the Site Superintendent once shop drawings are submitted for review to the general contractor;
- Arrange for mock-up installation, if required;
- Perform site measurement, if necessary, providing information to engineering;
- Participate in kick-off meeting for installation with the lead installer and Engineering;
- Create a binder for documents issued to Installer;
- Take installer for walkthrough and orientation on site;
- Schedule safety inspection and JHA prior to first delivery;
- Ensure unloading and access are coordinated with site, installer, and shipping;
- Spot check deliveries to ensure accuracy; report damages and/or missing materials;
- Follow up on all safety documentation of the installation crew(s);
- Schedule site orientation for the installation crew(s);
- Review all procedures with the Safety Coordinator, installer(s) and other site personnel prior to the start of window deliveries and installation;
- Provide detail review to the VP of Site Operations and the General Manger including but not limited to any changes required to standard installation process, swing stage requirements, and equipment for installation;
- Perform co-ordination between site and shipping for delivery of the windows;
- Ensure the completion of the delivery in full. Report missing items noted against packing slips;
- Supervise the installation on day-to-day basis including workmanship and compliance of details per approved shop drawings;
- Maintain chronological photo history of project development;
- Ensure that all reports received are addressed in a timely manner.
- Perform walk through on screen by screen basis and send up-to-date list to engineering.
- Follow up with Service, Plant Operations, Shipping and other crews for completion of the work. Maintain a log on deficiencies and outstanding items;
- Ensure installers are preparing ahead to prevent weather delays;
- Review any consultant’s report and ensure remedial work, if required is undertaken and sign-off of the work is obtained;
- Review and approve installer’s invoices and ensure paperwork is correct before submitting with full explanation of any extra costs;
- Do walk-through with Site Super on screen by screen basis and obtain sign-offs from Site Super;
- Ensure installer has most up-to-date quantities and changes due to extras;
- Arrange for any equipment required to complete work – swing stage and the like; ensure equipment rental charges end when it is no longer needed;
- Prepare and provide as-built marked up drawings to Engineering reflecting the changes that have been made during installation; • Perform screen by screen handover to general contractor;
- Attend site meetings and field tests;
- Review your information for Progress Draw with the General Manager before submitting it to the Senior Accountant; and
- Represent SRC, as requested, in business with customers, consultants, contractors, and suppliers.
If this sounds like you we’d love to hear from you – please send your resume to email@example.com for immediate consideration!
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact those selected for an interview.
Apply for this job