Senior Mechanical Plumbing Designer
Senior Mechanical Plumbing Designer
Are you a Senior Mechanical Plumbing Designer who wants to work with an exceptional company with a reputation second-to-none?
Do you think you’re worth more money than you’re being paid now?
Don’t you owe it to yourself to explore opportunities that could advance your career, sooner rather than later?
Our client is an architecture and engineering firm that, despite its size and global reach, is considered a boutique company. They’re architects, engineers, planners, interior designers and big picture thinkers that apply integrated processes to drive exceptional projects for their clients.
On behalf of this client, PMC is searching for a Senior Mechanical (Plumbing) Designer who will use their extensive knowledge of building plumbing and drainage, fire protection, compressed air and medical gas systems, building materials, building codes and construction technologies to develop engineering design solutions, and produce efficient and effective technical design solutions. The Senior Mechanical (Plumbing) Designer will collaborate with other professional disciplines and coordinate the design through all phases of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop complex technical designs to ensure an exemplary solution is delivered that meets quality parameters, project timelines and budgetary requirements, and perform technical reviews and edits drawings as required
- Direct plumbing design activities such as complex calculations, code research, material and building systems research, laying out components and calculation of program and building areas; refine and direct the refinement of design options and develop engineering details
- Evaluate site conditions, including zoning requirements and site constraints; may meet with authorities having jurisdiction to establish requirements; identify any deviations and liaise with owner and contractor to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Design significant plumbing system components of the overall building including integrating architectural design and adhering to applicable codes and jurisdictional requirements
- Process permit response letters and coordinates revisions with architects and other consultants, as required, to obtain necessary documentation and permits
- Attend meetings to coordinate drawings and resources, determine project criteria and provide information
- Comply with accepted project management methodology; document and manage scope, work effort, budget, cost controls, schedules, etc.
- Recommend opportunities for recovery of costs to ensure profitability of project
- Lead junior design staff throughout all phases of project
- Act as an expert resource within the mechanical discipline for delivery requirements; e.g. reports, studies, projects, etc.
- Have successfully completed related post-secondary education
- Is proficient in Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel and Outlook) and experienced using Engineering software including AutoCAD and Revit.
- Have at least 10-12 years of experience in design of plumbing/drainage, medical gas, natural gas and compressed air systems
- Is well versed in the relevant sections of the OBC, OPC, NBC, NPC, CSA Z317 series, including the preparation of load calculations and pipe sizing for domestic water, storm and sanitary drainage and sprinkler systems
- Possess experience in project management and project delivery and in providing direction to other members of the Engineering team
- Demonstrate an ability to collaborate with other professional disciplines
- CET certification is required. P.Eng is an asset
If you or anyone you know is interested in this opportunity please reach me in the office at 647-943-6139 or at email@example.com
Apply for this job