Senior Production Supervisor/Plant Manager
Senior Production Supervisor/Plant Manager
Our client is an industry leader in their market sector who is committed to providing the highest quality building products in the construction industry. Their founder has spent over 40 years in the manufacturing sector and is recognized as a leader with his innovation, attention to detail and building a company of employees who care about providing the highest level of service and “best in class” products to each & every one of their customers. With core values of “customer focus” and “technology driven” manufacturing, their world class products span many applications including columns, decking, fencing, railings, patio doors, steel doors, roofing, custom profiles, and transportation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees daily activities of the plant operations and production
- Oversees the activities of employees to ensure efficient and safe work operations.
- Work closely with operators, production supervisors and team leads.
- Analyzes production and quality metrics and makes recommendations for improvements and solutions to issues that are identified.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
- Inspect and monitor metal fabrication equipment to ensure they are operational and in good working order in coordination with maintenance technicians.
- Set annual operational goals, objectives and action plans with employees and maintain
- accountability for objectives in support of corporate objectives;
- Provide team direction and leadership
- Effectively lead, train, develop, and coach supervisors to attain goals and objectives;
- Initiate and oversee process improvement to ensure continuous enhancements to operational efficiencies and customer satisfaction;
- Create opportunities to cultivate and strengthen operational relationships with key business partners.
- Ensure compliance with all organizational standards of work practice, safety, policies and legal regulations;
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of plant operations experience in a team lead or supervisory role
- Knowledge of metal fabrication and other manufacturing processes, i.e. Roll forming, Bending,
- CNC, cutting, automation, welding, paint lines, etc.
- Proven experience with initiating and incorporating quality related processes, i.e. shadow
- boards, process time studies and other quality improvement initiatives (e.g. 5 Why’s, 5S, etc)
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for the manufacturing sector
- Knowledge of the building and construction industry would be an asset
Other Competencies, Skills and Requirements:
- Possess strong communication and negotiation skills as well as relationship management, influencing strategies, collaboration, and partnership skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization;
- Strong leadership and coaching skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities and the ability to lead root cause analysis investigations
- Proficient and/or knowledge with Microsoft products, Syspro (would be an asset),
- AutoCAD, etc
- A positive attitude who sees the opportunity to “change for the better” as it relates to
- process challenges
- A “Goal Driven” attitude when it comes to achieving daily/monthly/annual “high
- throughput” quota levels
- Proactive and strategic thinker
- Aptitude for equipment operation and troubleshooting
- Proven ability to facilitate meetings and influence change
- Demonstrated leadership, organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Able to manage the performance of individuals within a team, setting clear expectations and assessing performance
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a wholly owned Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Technical and Scientific Industries within Sales, Manufacturing, Transportation, Energy, Municipal and Environmental Sectors. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Our in-depth knowledge of the Technical & Scientific industries and the various project portfolios involved affords us a deep understanding of our clients’ business and the talent needed to achieve fulfilling their human capital requirements. Knowing specifically what our candidates do, the tasks they are involved in, and the projects and experience they have gained allows us to professionally advise them towards career opportunities that are in-line with their next career transition. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its industry specialized recruitment service and expertise producing effective and efficient results. PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is founded on and dedicated to delivering professional staffing solutions and unparalleled service to meet the goals and objectives of our clients and candidates while excelling in integrity, honesty and responsiveness
If you are interested in learning more about this, or similar opportunities we have available, please send your most recent CV to David Chow, P. Eng. at:
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this opportunity but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Apply for this job