Senior Tenant Construction
Senior Tenant Construction
Full-time, Negotiable Salary + Benefits
We are currently working with our client, a developer/asset management firm involved in the development/management of industrial, commercial office and retail. This role is located in north Toronto.
The primary purpose of the role is to coordinate the Tenant Fit-out process in accordance with the Landlord’s lease requirements for Industrial and Retail tenants with space requirements.
In this role you will:
- Create construction budgets, estimates and timing;
- Coordinate move-ins with the Tenant and Property Management;
- Act as the Landlord’s rep.
- Conduct consistent and regular property inspections to ensure routine maintenance is carried out per contract and to quickly identify repairs or work required;
- Tender and award contracts for construction and routine maintenance of properties;
- Liaise with tenants performing their own improvements:
- Coordinate Tenant requirements with Base Building design and construction;
- Monitor execution of work in the field to ensure adherence to lease, quality control and health and safety standards;
- Ensure proper commission of the work is carried out and deficiencies are repaired;
- Process requests for approval of Tenant signage;
- Approve drawings, ensure alterations letters are prepared and signed off by the tenants; and,
- Follow up with Tenant and/or their contractor after completion of the work to obtain as-built drawings, warranties, signed off permits and other requisite documentation.
- Manage the budget, design, tendering and construction of tenant improvements and handover of completed space to the tenant;
- Prepare job costs and issue purchase orders, reconcile budget versus final costs;
- Manage the RFP and evaluation process for the design team, make recommendations on proponents and participate in the selection process;
- Manage the RFP and evaluation process for the selection of a general contractor or direct to sub-trades when applicable, make recommendations on proponents and participate in contract negotiations;
- Manage applications for and to expedite the issuance of municipal permits required;
- Make recommendations where various technical and cost options are available;
- Manage commissioning of the completed tenant fit-out and turnover to the Tenant and Property Management;
- Manage the preparation of deficiency lists and correction of the deficient work;
- Provide updates on space plans, leasing clean up pricing for vacant suites and monitor and complete the same;
To be successful you will require:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the project management field in tenant fit-up construction.
- Completion of a university degree or college diploma in a related, technical field of study;
- Working knowledge and ability to read and understand construction drawings and compare to site conditions and make amendments/updates when necessary;
- Working knowledge of LEED certification requirements;
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, CAD software is necessary and JDE EnterpriseOne is highly desirable;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Ability to contribute in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team atmosphere; and
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Please apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you already be in a similar role or should this be the next step in your career and you would like to discuss further details regarding this position or any other within the Design & Construction field please do not hesitate in contacting Sibby Dunlop to arrange a confidential discussion at 416 521-9015 or via email as above.
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Design & Construction Industry related to Buildings & Infrastructure. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its specialty service and expertise producing effective and efficient results.
Apply for this job