Service Desk Manager
Service Desk Manager
PMC has partnered up a very reputable Managed Service Provider located in the Brampton region who is actively looking for a full-time Service Desk Manager to join their team.
We are looking for a Service Desk Manager with a proven track record of managing teams and completing a range of structured projects.
The successful candidate must be able to take on responsibility for the clients’ experience with the Help-Desk team, while also working alongside your team resolving technical issues. The individual will act as a leader who is excited about taking on the responsibility for making sure all client issues are resolved in a satisfactory manner. You are passionate about developing, mentoring, and managing your team, and possess the deep technological skills required to take on the bigger challenges yourself
Conduct themselves in a friendly and professional manner while minimizing customer impact and communicating with stakeholders during all key phases of projects. Be security focused and following industry standard best practices. Manage downtime and customer impact. Ensure risks are managed while minimizing their impact on projects and customers. Create easy to follow technical documentation and user instructions. Work evenings and weekends when required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Leading and managing the helpdesk team
- Assuming full responsibility for the experience clients receive when interacting with the helpdesk.
- Improving helpdesk processes and procedures and managing KPIs
- Supporting our clients by working all tiers of reactive tickets in the company’s Help Desk.
- Triaging and responding to calls and emails from users and tickets generated by our monitoring software.
- Utilizing our advanced documentation system to facilitate closing tickets and record keeping.
- Minimizing client impact, downtime and frustration.
- Engaging with 3rd party vendors to delve deeper into uncovering solutions.
- Ability to adapt to situations involving clients with unique hardware and software requirements.
Qualifications and Skills
- A strong passion for developing, mentoring, and managing your team
- Highly motivated, self-driven with a positive attitude and a “never give up” mentality
- Strong desire to provide valued service to the customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Process driven with focus on goals
- Ability to schedule yourself, work independently and discover solutions for unusual and difficult problems
- Assisting other staff to find solutions before escalations take place
- Strong capability to operate in the modern IT landscape with a proven track record utilizing a variety of technologies including but not limited to: Workstations and servers, Windows domains, email systems such as Exchange and Office 365, networking and firewall infrastructure, cloud services, virtualization (Hyper-V) and phone systems
- 7+ years within the IT industry
- 3+ years leading and managing a team of individuals
- Driver’s license valid for use in Ontario
This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual. If you are interested in this position please send your resume to email@example.com or reach out to me at 647-265-8419
Apply for this job