Superintendent – Road Construction (MTO)
Superintendent – Road Construction (MTO)
The Superintendent has the overall responsibility for the supervision, planning, execution, and monitoring of the assigned project.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Participate in pre-job planning
- Effectively plan the short-term and long-term schedules for all aspects of a project (subcontractors, internal work)
- Effectively understand and comply with the bid estimate, project schedule, and project specifications in order to adequately instruct the foremen and subcontractors in the performance of the work
- Review and approve timesheets
- Procurement on a daily basis all aspects of a project (daily diary – written and photographic)
- Participate in job close-out
- Ensure quality measures are met
- Promote and enforce company health and safety policies with employees, subcontractors, and suppliers
- Participate in Daily Huddles and weekly Tailgate Safety Meetings
- Conduct accident investigations and prepare documentation
- Provide Contract Administrator with summary for invoicing (month-end, project completion) including contract work and extra work
- Participate in weekly and monthly job cost reviews including review of cost variance and profit/loss reports; resolve revenue and cost issues
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in civil/structural engineering or construction management
- A minimum of 5 years’ progressive superintendent experience in road, infrastructure, and civil construction projects.
- Experience in managing all aspects of road, bridge, and related structural construction projects.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
What’s nice to have?
- Previous experience working on MTO, transit, ICI projects
This is the opportunity to join a company that has a tenure of over 50 years in Ontario. If you have the above experience and are looking to advance your career with a well-respected and reputable company, this could be the opportunity for you.
If you are interested in learning more about this, or similar opportunities we have available, please send your most recent CV to Brian Heron at:
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this opportunity but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a wholly owned Canadian firm established to meet the recruitment needs of the technical environments of:
• Buildings (Design, Construction & Property)
• Technical & Scientific (Infrastructure & Manufacturing)
• Information Technology
Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results.
Our in-depth knowledge of the Buildings, Technical & Scientific and the Information Technology industries and the various project portfolios, systems and products within, affords us a deep understanding of our clients’ business and the talent needed to achieve fulfilling their human capital requirements. Knowing specifically what our candidates do, the tasks they are involved in, and the projects and experience they have gained allow us to professionally consult them towards career opportunities that are in-line with their next career transition.
Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its specialty service and expertise producing effective and efficient results.
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is founded on and dedicated to delivering professional staffing solutions and unparalleled service to meet the goals and objectives of our clients and candidates while excelling in integrity, honesty, and responsiveness.
Apply for this job