Do you have the what it takes to bring the documentation from start to finish?
Do you have the ability to communicate the documentation needs to the client?
Are you the type of person that thrives on a challenge?
If so please read on……
Our client located in Markham is seeking a Technical Writer on the infrastructure side to join their team on a 6-month contract to start. They are seeking a very skilled individual that can review, analyze and manage the documents and library and ensure the current corporate enterprise security standards. This would be an excellent opportunity for the right individual. Again, this is a contract position for 6 months with the possibility of extension.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the documentation requirements
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals (per existing documentation)
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Review current corporate enterprise security standards and meet with teams to identify gaps
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Meet with and observe operations teams and translate actions into effective procedures
- Experience working with Security policy, procedures, standards is a must
- Review the policies and create procedure documentation for each of the technical access domains (DB, Server, Application systems)
- Background with infrastructure operations is an asset (i.e. patching, vulnerability management)
- Experience with technical documentation for infrastructure and application procedures would be a strong asset.
- Ability to work with the various parties to obtain and document signoff
- Experience working in a technical writing position
- Working knowledge of PCI-DSS, PII, SOX
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (including Visio)
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Must have basic knowledge of IT operations (Server, Network, Desktop) and security practices (Access control methods, logging/monitoring)
- Basic understanding of enterprise network topology & external connectivity
- Basic understanding of configuration tasks (network, server, application, database)
- Basic understanding of role-based user provisioning
- Basic understanding of logging methods
- Basic monitoring techniques across disparate organizations
- Ability to create step action flow charts
Please send in your resume in complete confidence to my email address or contact me in the office for more information.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this opportunity but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Should you or others you know wish to inquire about other roles within the IT industry please don’t hesitate in contacting us.
Apply for this job