Tier 2/3 IT Specialist
Tier 2/3 IT Specialist
Our client is a small and growing MSP and Cloud IT Services business in Alberta. They are looking to find an experienced IT Support Technician.
As the successful Candidate, you will be responsible for supporting and resolving tier 2 and 3 tickets by applying your exceptional technical skills and knowledge.
- Work in the helpdesk queue, identify trends, and report on overall queue status, take ownership, prioritization, and triage of tickets.
- Provide clear guidance to the users and achieve a straightforward resolution to their support request. Ensure excellent customer service maintaining a pleasant and helpful outlook.
- Update tickets, resolve support requests, and escalate as required.
- Install client hardware and software and ensure asset tracking and management is accurately maintained.
- Ensure IT documentation is created, up to date, and accurate.
- Provide mobile phone support and provisioning experience along with support of networked and stand-alone printer issues.
- User and resource security administration (Active Directory)
- Assist in disaster recovery testing.
- Provide occasional out-of-hours and weekend support for business-critical systems.
- Able to provide after-hours support on a rolling basis. 1 week every 5 weeks.
- Monitor and maintain Windows Server and Network infrastructure
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting of server & network issues
- Tier 2 – 5+ years of relevant work experience in a user support, application, and PC support environment. Extensive knowledge and support experience of Windows 7/10, Office, Office 365, and common end user applications. Experience supporting and configuring common PC hardware. Lenovo experience is a plus.
- Tier 3 – 3+ years experience with TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLAN, WiFi including field office networking, LAN switches, ADSL, power, racking, cabling, facilities and VPN client support. Windows Server and Server roles, Security Software, MDM systems, Office 365 admin functions, Email Security.
- Experience with supporting mobile, field office, and local users.
- Good knowledge of change, incident, and problem management skills with a customer service focus.
- Experience with Sophos, Autotask, Citrix, Cisco Meraki and Hyper-converged technologies a plus.
- Knowledge in PowerShell and PowerShell scripting a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in Linux a plus.
- Previous experiencing working with a Managed Service Provider a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and assignments and prioritize projects.
- Must be highly motivated with great attention to detail and providing quality results.
- Proven analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with different levels and types of users.
- Relevant certifications such as A+, Server+, Network+ MCITP, MCSA, MCSE etc. or equivalent.
- Does not believe any task is below them and is willing to help in all aspects of the business.
If you or anyone you may know is interested, please reach out to Khalifa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job