Water Resources Engineer
Water Resources Designer/Engineer/Project Manager
Our client, a small to mid-sized consulting engineering firm based in the Brampton area, is looking to add a Water Resources Designer/Project Manager to their Water Resources Group. This group provides clients with professional services in a wide range of disciplines including watershed studies, storm water master planning, environmental assessments, source protection planning, assimilative capacity studies, floodplain analyses, storm water management planning and design, and stream restoration. They provide complete surface water resources planning and engineering services from the conceptual study phase through design, construction, operation, maintenance and decommissioning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
An opportunity exists for a highly motivated Senior Water Resources Engineer/Project Manager. As the successful candidate, you will use your technical abilities to lead and/or complete the water resources component of a wide variety of projects. You will report directly to the Owner and will have both technical and business development responsibilities.
Other responsibilities include:
- Undertaking the detailed studies, computer modeling and design tasks associated with storm water management works in support of development projects, subwatershed plans, floodplain delineation/management analyses, erosion control studies, etc.
- Delegation and coordination of technical work
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff across a range of technical and professional development levels
- Coordinating with engineers, technical staff and/or team members in various disciplines to ensure that the projects’ needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Serving as a technical expert during liaison with clients including landowners, agency staff and other stakeholders
- Researching issues related to surface water resources that impact individual projects
- Writing/reviewing reports and design briefs to document analyses
- Taking responsibility for the quality of written, technical and graphic work in a senior (QA/QC) role
- Managing surface water related projects and/or tasks, ensuring completion of work on time and on-budget
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
While the focus of this role is the development industry, experience with Public sectors and other clients would be considered an asset. Career growth opportunities stemming from the position include the potential for a leadership role, i.e. potentially a Department Manager and/or Associate level role.
As the ideal candidate, you will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Water Resources Engineering
- Registered as a P. Eng. in the Province of Ontario
- At least 10 years of related experience within the local Greater Toronto Area/Ontario region
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Able to work in a team environment
- Commitment to thrive in a proactive organization where client service is the priority
- A strong knowledge of municipal and urban development design
- A working knowledge of various software packages for the planning and design of storm water facilities (e.g. SWMHYMO, HEC-RAS, etc)
If you are interested in learning more about this, or similar opportunities we have available, please send your most recent CV to David Chow, P. Eng. at:
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this opportunity, but regret that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is a wholly owned Canadian firm established specifically to meet the recruitment needs of the Technical and Scientific Industries within Sales, Manufacturing, Transportation, Energy, Municipal and Environmental Sectors. Partnering with top tier firms and organizations while representing the career goals and aspirations of our candidates, we provide effective recruitment solutions ensuring a match that produces positive and rewarding results. Our in-depth knowledge of the Technical & Scientific industries and the various project portfolios involved affords us a deep understanding of our clients’ business and the talent needed to achieve fulfilling their human capital requirements. Knowing specifically what our candidates do, the tasks they are involved in, and the projects and experience they have gained allows us to professionally advise them towards career opportunities that are in-line with their next career transition. Whether you are an employer seeking key staff or a professional looking for your next role, PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions offers its industry specialized recruitment service and expertise producing effective and efficient results. PMC Specialist Recruitment Solutions is founded on and dedicated to delivering professional staffing solutions and unparalleled service to meet the goals and objectives of our clients and candidates while excelling in integrity, honesty and responsiveness.
Apply for this job