Automation Engineering Manager
Mississauga OR Montreal
We are currently looking to add an Automation Engineering Manager to our team in either the Mississauga or Montreal area’s!
This individual will be supporting management and the companies multiple facilities with technical analyses, system analyses, economical studies and equipment selection scenarios on production automation opportunities. He/she makes recommendations to upper management to identify highest return projects to implement and is responsible to manage other engineers in the execution of diverse automation projects. He/she acts as a leader to other engineers by supplying project management and technical conception assistance.
• Manage a small team of engineers that may grow in the future. He/She is the leader of his team.
• Analyze business opportunities in automation and be able to identify and evaluate efficiently the available technologies in order to propose high potential projects with the lowest risks & cost possible.
• Present and apply strategical directions for our automation program that produce tangible and measurable returns on investment.
• Be responsible for all production automation projects in locations across North America. Multiple projects going on at the same time in a cost range of 100,000$ to over 1M$.
• Be responsible to work in collaboration with all manufacturing plants to evaluate opportunities in term of complexity, feasibility and propose & investigate automation solutions for those opportunities. Evaluate the financial benefits, find the best suitable outside partners to deliver the automated solutions and work with them to deliver the best final solution to the plants.
• Be responsible for project management duties such as; planning projects, reviewing current status of projects against timelines, tracking expenses, preparing progress and cost reports and hiring contractors as projects require close management.
• Realize the conception of projects through CAD systems and engineering skills to design machinery or to lay out facilities in order to continuously improve plant performance.
• Act as an onsite project supervisor to contractors, third parties or employees in order for projects to run according to schedule and within the budget.
• Perform technical analysis by using CAD, mathematical models or own approaches to verify strength and/or functionality of systems or group of systems.
• Maintain the link between the company and its suppliers by providing answers to questions through interpersonal skills and professionalism to build a good long-term relationship with suppliers.
• Prepare economical analysis and comparisons to provide management with information to use in decision-making processes.
• Research, prepare and write Authority for Expenditure for submission of various projects
• Completion of bachelor of Engineering preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
• 8+ years of engineering and project management experience specific to automation.
• 2+ years of experience of team & employee management.
• Ability to perform mathematical analysis.
• Knowledge of computers, CAD systems, 3-D perception.
• Strong analytical and economic analyses skills.
• Excellent communication, presentation and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines.
If you, or someone you know, is a great fit for this role please apply with an updated resume at email@example.com
or call Brad Dunlop directly at (226) 499-9812