Our client, a Professional Services firm with engagements at the Federal Government level, have engaged us in the search for a Project Manager, to join them on a full-time, permanent basis, in their Ottawa office.
This will be an ideal role for someone that has “hit the ceiling” in their current role, and is looking to be THE go-to person (the eyes and ears so to speak) for the PMO that is located in Toronto.
Of importance, is that the successful candidate must be eligible to obtain Federal government security clearance, and be willing to travel within Canada, as necessary.
- Full Lifecycle development and management of projects; ensuring engagements are met within SLAs, and fit within the budget
- Manage escalations, kick-off and close-out processes, and assure that work that is agreed upon within SOWs is met
- Effective management of communication, both internally and externally
- Work with a dynamic group that is spread across the country, in different time zones, and ensuring that there is a smooth and effective solution delivery
- Project management experience leading IT infrastructure projects; focus on DC with be an asset
- Excellent MS-Project, Visio and Office skills
- Professionalism at the highest degree
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a customer relationship management role
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Bilingualism is an asset
Education & Experience:
- PMP and ITIL Certifications are assets, but experience will trump certifications
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in technology field
- Experience working with government/public sector environments are an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing IT projects
This is an opportunity not to be missed. Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their CV to Jonathan Gorecki at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job